Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Damage Done

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • Character

Votes: 14 10.6%
  • Fiction

Votes: 19 14.4%

• Total voters
I never got into the Haven album originally, if it's been remastered I may have to go back to it. Projector I'm less bothered about hearing again :D

I had high hopes for the Haven remaster, but unfortunately they didn't really clean up the worst of the sound issues on that album. There's some real choppiness in the sound in a few spots. Specifically, early in the song Haven you can hear some of the symbols sounds get really messed up. It's the same in the remaster as the original, sadly.

I barely listened to the original album so I wouldn't necessarily notice :D I'm hugely impressed with the DD remaster though. They've really brought the synths out into the mix, and the growls are more pronounced as well. It's a shame In Flames don't do the same with Reroute to Remain, an album IMO heavily handicapped by shocking production values.

I don't mind Reroute, though it certainly ain't their best work :D there are a lot of guitar harmonies totally buried in the mix, and the drum sound is atrocious. It would sound a lot different with the same production values as Colony/Clayman. Well, some of the songs anyway :D

I had high hopes for the Haven remaster, but unfortunately they didn't really clean up the worst of the sound issues on that album. There's some real choppiness in the sound in a few spots. Specifically, early in the song Haven you can hear some of the symbols sounds get really messed up. It's the same in the remaster as the original, sadly.

I haven't listened to the remaster yet, but I agree with what you said about that album.

It is, however, my second favorite DT album in spite of its production problems. At least, I feel it's a very... different DT album. Maybe I'm tone deaf and I think the production problems make it unique!

Some might say production quality is not the only issue with Reroute to Remain :D

Bwahaha I chortled and spat my Coke when I read this. What a fucking disaster of an album.

:lol:

I haven't listened to the remaster yet, but I agree with what you said about that album.

It is, however, my second favorite DT album in spite of its production problems. At least, I feel it's a very... different DT album. Maybe I'm tone deaf and I think the production problems make it unique!

Yeah Haven is probably the most underrated dt album;it has the least votes on the poll, which I find quite surprising because I thought Skydancer would be in the last position.

I ran into this thread on accident (clicked on the wrong link when searching Google), but after reading through it, I ended up making an account just so i could vote and reply. lol.
I know this thread is a couple years old, but what the hell, here's my take..

All of DT's albums are incredible, but The Gallery is easily the best album I have ever listened to (in any genre). The melodic complexity of the songs on this album are comparable to none. It is a truly amazing, timeless piece of work. Gets better with every listen for me.

That being said, I think that the majority of my individual favorite songs are from their following albums. In fact, the first three songs from Projector are, IMO, some of DT's best work. I really like how they incorporate the clean vocals with acoustic melodies and then flip it right back to a fast paced brutal guitar lick – that always get's my adrenaline pumping again! Projector definitely lands a solid 2nd place on the list, and after that, I would say The Mind's I, Haven, Damage Done, Character and Fiction are all neck and neck.

We Are The Void was not incredibly memorable, but, like all DT albums had some great songs – The Fatalist, At The Point Of Ignition, Surface The Infinite too name a few.

Which brings us to Skydancer – still a good album, but I wouldn’t consider it even in the same league as the others. DT was still maturing as a band at that stage in their development, and for me, it is apparent in their overall sound and musical style. Good album, but a dim light in the shadow of its successors. Even so, I do think Crimson Winds was an awesome jam!

Contruct in \m/ay!!!

To me The Gallery is the best of the old school Gothenburg sound (and my favorite CD out of Gothenburg for that matter), but Character is definitely their best album since adding keyboards. It's really tough to pick, but Character was the first album I heard, it has my favorite vocals from Mikael, it has my favorite production along with The Gallery, when I listen to it the songs just flow amazingly well together, and it has My Negation and Am I 1? which are two of my favorite songs. Fiction is great and has one of my favorite songs in The Lesser Faith but it has Mundane and the Magic which I would rate 8/10, and neither The Gallery nor Character has any songs I would rate 8/10. Also I don't like the snare drum sound on Fiction compared the one on Character.