Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Damage Done

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • Character

Votes: 14 10.6%
  • Fiction

Votes: 19 14.4%

• Total voters
Damage Done - it's the one album of DT's that I can say I like EVERY song off. A good, complete album that is aggressive, catchy and captures their sound perfectly. The lack of cleans don't bother me.

The Gallery and Skydancer are VERY close behind though. The latter in particular is an extremely underrated album that, if written with more experience, could have been spectacular.

The latter in particular is an extremely underrated album that, if written with more experience, could have been spectacular.

True!!! I feel that Skydancer and The Mind's I are incredibly underrated! As you said, especially the latter.

It might be interesting to have the band re-record the CD, with Mikael doing the vocals. Then again, I'm not sure if Mr Fridén would approve :p .

I'll be in the minority here but I actually like Anders vocals on Skydancer, and I prefer the original '93 version of 'Alone' to the '94 version. There are parts of the album that don't work, but it's an incredibly ambitious project considering how young DT were at the time. The lyrics are absolutely out of this world, some really awesome stuff going on there.

I'm sure Mikael could do a great job on a re-recorded Skydancer CD, but I don't think DT will be doing that. I'm not sure it needs to be done - I like the aura the original version has. It has a wild, unstructured charm that I think really works.

Skydancer sorta sounds the same after awhile...good record, but I agree to the extent that Character starts to sound the same as well. I voted for Damage Done on this poll cause' the album I believe seems to be the truest songwriting as far as just writing the best song possible without any little rules. That's my opinion of course. The Gallery comes in second, followed by Fiction.

I'll be in the minority here but I actually like Anders vocals on Skydancer, and I prefer the original '93 version of 'Alone' to the '94 version. There are parts of the album that don't work, but it's an incredibly ambitious project considering how young DT were at the time. The lyrics are absolutely out of this world, some really awesome stuff going on there.

I'm sure Mikael could do a great job on a re-recorded Skydancer CD, but I don't think DT will be doing that. I'm not sure it needs to be done - I like the aura the original version has. It has a wild, unstructured charm that I think really works.

Anders's vocals are actually pretty good, but Mikael's are just better ;) .

Wow Damage Done is tied with The Gallery with 17 votes, and Projector has 15. I never saw that coming to be honest, I thought TG would be first, and Fiction and Character in second and third place.

I guess in a year or so I'lll have to start a new one including 'We Are the Void' :) .

Tough one... I chose Damage Done because it was the first album I bought....but..... The minds I, The Gallery, Fiction, Haven.....can't choose!!

I got into DT with Haven and DD, they are great albums (especially DD, i never got tired of it). But I must go for The Gallery in this poll, it is definitely the best DT album. It's has a lot more different melodies and doesn't repeat itself a single bit.

Projector!

I've never skipped a song from "Projector" when listening to my playlist!

I believe that The Gallery contains DT's best songs, such as Punish My Heaven, The Gallery, Lethe, and ...of Melancholy Burning. However, when looking at each album as a whole, Damage Done and Fiction are the most complete in my opinion.