Finnish metal!

No way. HIM is one of the greatest bands today.
Surely there MUST be more HIM listeners around here than just myself,
Cheers!

Man I gave it a chance and downloaded some of those songs you sugested. I mean I really wanna like them (they are from my homeland). But nonen of the songs did anything for me... They just seem so average, no single guitar riff that blows me away, the vocal melodies dont even compare to Katatonia for instance. Yes it catchy, which sometimes gets me listening to a song 50 times in a row untill I completely forget about it. But no not even the catchyness. But hey I gave it a try...

But much respect to your taste. You ever listened to Sentenced?

Man I gave it a chance and downloaded some of those songs you sugested. I mean I really wanna like them (they are from my homeland). But nonen of the songs did anything for me... They just seem so average, no single guitar riff that blows me away, the vocal melodies dont even compare to Katatonia for instance. Yes it catchy, which sometimes gets me listening to a song 50 times in a row untill I completely forget about it. But no not even the catchyness. But hey I gave it a try...

Exactly what i did, exactly how i feel. Hey what's this about a Thy Serpent petition? I'd sign

Hey, no worries man. But just like with the Beatles, these guys aren't really about the technical guitar playing. It's all about that catchy hook. And hey, I'll be damned if that intro guitar riff off Wings of a Butterfly isn't mindblowing. I mean, it's no Emperor or anything on a technical level, but I keep thinking GODDAMN I'd pat myself on the back for thinking that one up, hehe. It's effective, to the point of addiction. And lastly, how can ya forget a tune after listening to it...:lol: what, 50 times??? And, in a row? Hehe. Just wondering.

And yes, I'm actually quite fond of Sentenced. I wouldn't call myself a HUGE fan as I surely don't own any of their albums, but I have heard a few of their tracks and definitely respect them.
Songs such as BLOOD AND TEARS really comes to mind for me. I'll never be able to get that one out of my head - something like that is up there with the best of HIM. Very effective, and yes, cool stuff. KILLING ME KILLING YOU is quite catchy as well (I guess anything off that album will be pretty cool, but I have never heard it in its entirety.)

Do you like 'em? If so, I mean, I'm really surprised then why you can't get into HIM. It's not day and light difference, hehe. But, I think Valo's vocals are FAR and away superior. Valo has the falsetto going for him and he can go as low as the dude from Type O and do it more effectively. And how he transitions from high to low range is skillfull. It's all personal preference, I guess, but in the end I side with Valo.

Exactly what i did, exactly how i feel. Hey what's this about a Thy Serpent petition? I'd sign

Yeah we should get a petition going to get Thy Serpent back on the metal map. Sami (the main guy from Thy Serpent) is probably busy and all running spikefarm records but man, Im sure he still fidles around with his guitar. So we should get a petition with loads of signatures and send it to him.

Thy Serpent :headbang:

HIM are just too catchy and polished. all the sugar coated guitar melodies and singalong vocal lines are so 'sweet', they almost make me puke. the vocals are so artificially over-emotive, they make my nails cringe!
but there is a band which is even worse in that case (obviously they are finnish too), and that is The Rasmus

HIM are just too catchy and polished. all the sugar coated guitar melodies and singalong vocal lines are so 'sweet', they almost make me puke. the vocals are so artificially over-emotive, they make my nails cringe!
but there is a band which is even worse in that case (obviously they are finnish too), and that is The Rasmus

agreed.

alcapoth im reading your posts with my jaw down on the floor.

him is good and that, but arent you exaggerating a bit? im almost on the verge of believing you are joking

I feel insulted that you'd even consider the fact I'm kidding. Aye, just please respect my opinion. Seriously, I listen to alot of music. Some may even say I'm fucked up due to my vast taste. I just hear talent whenever I feel it. I don't always want to listen to the overly serious, extreme type of music. HIM is a very pleasant, welcome change.

Now if you commented on the fact I'm crazy because I wrote so much on the band, then I'd probably agree with you more. I know I can get carried away a bit with the music I like. That's my weakness. But, hey, whatever right?

@Metal_Wrath: Yeah man, FoH's verses are amazing. And Valo's vocals have been compared to Bowie's. Valo is a respected vocalist. It is pretty evident the dude REALLY puts in alot of emotion into his songs.

@NFU: You serious dude? Not mocking the band, are ya? With HIM, I can never quite really make it out.

There will be a new album from the band this year and I'm hoping it won't be the first disappointing one heh.

My choices : To/Die/For, Charon, Sentenced, Sonata Arctica...Damn I'm listing every bands that I know... Every finnish bands are AWESOME

non-metal : Anssi Kela...I heard this song Kaksi sisarta (2 sisters) pretty cool I liked it