Finnish metal!

Whoops! Well... Estonian isn't exactly distantly related, as it's quite close... but my mistake nonetheless. Turkish isn't considered to be related at all here, here's a few sentences from SoG's post that support this:

The Ural-Altaic language family is an hypothetical grouping of the Uralic and Altaic language families into one field.

The Ural-Altaic grouping is speculative, as it has not been proven to the satisfaction of most linguists that there is any genetic relationship between the two language families, and even the existence of the Altaic group as one family is today questioned.

Most modern linguists argue that Uralic and Altaic have not been shown to bear any exclusive genetic relation

Uralic and Altaic are no more closely related to each other than either of them is related to any of this macrofamily's other members, e.g. Uralic with Indo-European or Altaic with Indo-European.

Finnish is a part of the Uralic languages, while Turkish belongs to the Altaic language family.

Im very proud of the metal that comes out of my country, except for damn HIM, how lame is that band. And for the bloke who posted that HIM is the greatest band of all time.... please. I understand being a fan of a band that isnt so good, but to call them the best ever... wrong. HIM is probably like # 292734038 on the all time list, and thats pretty good :)

Whoops! Well... Estonian isn't exactly distantly related, as it's quite close... but my mistake nonetheless. Turkish isn't considered to be related at all here, here's a few sentences from SoG's post that support this:

The Ural-Altaic language family is an hypothetical grouping of the Uralic and Altaic language families into one field.

The Ural-Altaic grouping is speculative, as it has not been proven to the satisfaction of most linguists that there is any genetic relationship between the two language families, and even the existence of the Altaic group as one family is today questioned.

Most modern linguists argue that Uralic and Altaic have not been shown to bear any exclusive genetic relation

Uralic and Altaic are no more closely related to each other than either of them is related to any of this macrofamily's other members, e.g. Uralic with Indo-European or Altaic with Indo-European.

Finnish is a part of the Uralic languages, while Turkish belongs to the Altaic language family.

Many linguists who operate purely on a lexical basis don't recognize the relationship, but that's because these languages almost certainly diverged at a much earlier period than the languages of other families. There's a consistency of material culture that corresponds to the geographic expansion of both Uralic and Altaic languages in the archeological record that strongly indicates a relationship, even if the current languages are much less similar than in other families.