First Band Confirmed (NO Choice but to go public)

Petethedrummer said:
crap :erk: , knowing the date the day before everyone else was one of the main gold badge perks...hopefully they'll be something new this year to somewhat make up for that :err:

i don't mean to come off like an ass, i know that this is obviously not glenn's fault and that it can end up being a huge pain in the ass for him, I was just dissapointed that having the date released early to the public (as therion did) devalues the gold badge a little bit

and this is like my 8th time trying to edit this post, it's not working :yell:
I understand what you're saying, Pete. It does get the mad scramble for hotel rooms started early. Quite possible the bands don't have all their travel arrangements in place yet either. Kind of a touchy situation for Glenn, because he's gotta want to get the bands signed as early as possible, but once that's done, it's hard to keep things quiet.

AMBR said:
I understand what you're saying, Pete. It does get the mad scramble for hotel rooms started early. Quite possible the bands don't have all their travel arrangements in place yet either. Kind of a touchy situation for Glenn, because he's gotta want to get the bands signed as early as possible, but once that's done, it's hard to keep things quiet.

Plus, I didn't like Therion to begin with...now i like them even less
I'm hoping Glenn pulls through with some Stratovarius and Masterplan and such to make it worth the trip :headbang:

GREAT GLENN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :worship:

I have had the opportunity to see Therion alive 2 times here in Monterrey, Mexico, first one 2002 and the last one August 2004, and was incredible.

the band have a lot of energy on stage. The last was a long concert with 2:45 hours and played songs only from albums from Lepaca Kliffoth to Lemuria/Siruis B and a couple covers (Iron Fist of Motorhead & Black Funeral of Mercyful Fate)
The orquestal and symphonic parts was with samplers, on stage was only The band, with a Soprano and 2 guys and 2 girls on choirs, but this is enough for a great show... AND IM READY TO SEE THEM AGAIN AT PP6 !!!!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang: :hotjump:

I bet Therion downloads just went up 95 %
jump3.gif

Bear

Well, the bands are already 100x better than last year. Even if I'm not a huge Therion fan, I'm looking forward to seeing them play. Moreso than anyone who was at the festival last year.

Wishmaster said:
Reverse that. :)

--Mike

With the big rush over the last year with female vocalists, im almost bored of it. Granted NIGHTWISH is great, and a slew of other female fronted bands are also good, but for me to get into another, i dont no if that will happen. ill have to go out a purchase there latest cd. So the 5th slot is the HEADLINER of the night, to me THERION slot is not for me, they should play earlier in the night. From what i was reading on the internet, they used to be alot more DEATH back in the day, is this true? :headbang:

nailz said:
Well, the bands are already 100x better than last year. Even if I'm not a huge Therion fan, I'm looking forward to seeing them play. Moreso than anyone who was at the festival last year.

please opinions are like various parts of our bodies, we all have them. Last year was awesome even if it didn't meet up to your standards
:Smug: :Smug: