First COB song you heard? And from where?

Heard of Children of Bodom first in School around 2005 or 2006. Not sure what the first song heard is but really enjoyable am remembering is with 'Kissing the Shadows'.

Reactions: tragician
The first one was Angels Don't Kill, and it's still my favorite. My classmate gave me a DVD with a lot of music burned on it, like Soulfly, Korn, Linkin Park etc. And one folder was really different from others. I guess it was my first experience with heavier genres of metal, so COB and specifically Hate Crew Deathroll introduced me to MDM. Who knows where I would've been if not that disc lol

First song was Warheart back in July '99.

At this time I was totaly into HIM, Metallica, Manowar, Hammerfall, Sonata Arctica and all the other similar bands. I can't remember exactly where I heard Warheart but I know that my first reaction was: Wtf? That song sounds like shit. Why is there no structure? No real verse, no chorus? What is this? I totaly hated that song until I heard the solo.

I never ever heard something like this before. That melody, that speed, the first time I heard a 6-string sweep appregio in my live...
From this moment my musical taste changed, my opinion about Kirk Hammet changed from "guitar god" into "novice" and I barely listened to any of the bands I listened before again (except HIM).

The same day I downloaded Hatebreeder from Napster, 'Lycosed' (only a few of you will remember) everything about Alexi Laiho and Children of Bodom and started playing (acoustic) guitar.

Oh yeah, good topic. For me that Was Kissing the shadows. wow i remember that song blowed my mind and then i became a huge COB fan.
that time i was in Cradle of filth, metallica, linkin park, evanesence, slipknot, iron maiden.

i knew a girl who claimed she had met Children Of Bodom face-to-face when she went to Europe when they were still called Inearthed
i was in her apt
and we watched the music video for Deadnight Warrior back when it was a brand-new video back in 98

gah
i feel ancient now

It was back in 2006 when I used to play world of warcraft. I saw a pvp video and the song Downfall really caught my attention. The speed, the agression and how melodic it sounded was really something that I've never experienced before and being a teen at the time was just the right fix for me. I used to listen to the song over and over again secretly from my grandparents, because I was so ashamed of the vocals :tickled:. It actually grew on me and I opened myself to more songs.

Reactions: MattK
i knew a girl who claimed she had met Children Of Bodom face-to-face when she went to Europe when they were still called Inearthed
i was in her apt
and we watched the music video for Deadnight Warrior back when it was a brand-new video back in 98

gah
i feel ancient now
what made this memorable enough to remember the band's name was the way she was so hilariously elitist about it
she was like
"look at me going to Europe, look at me listening to European bands that nobody else in America has ever even heard of"