What COB album should i buy first?

That is bullshit imo, what makes for example Wrath Within or Northern Comfort so great song it has to be listened, except for the melody part?

Stop fooling yourselves, really. It isn't black and white, the new material has good things and bad things, and so does the old.

That is bullshit imo, what makes for example Wrath Within or Northern Comfort so great song it has to be listened, except for the melody part?

Stop fooling yourselves, really. It isn't black and white, the new material has good things and bad things, and so does the old.

You're correct. You just forgot to talk about proportions.

Old: 90% good, 10% bad
AYDY: 10% good, 90% bad

OOOPS!!!!

i say go buy them all....but if u dont have enuff for AYDY thats okay, you can get that later

It's all perspective. If you enjoy hearing more common recycled riffs with less unique melody/style, then AYDY/Blooddrunk is for you. But if you listen to Bodom because it offers your ears a different taste of satisfaction than most other metal bands, then their older stuff is more suited to you.

I'm not saying AYDY and Blooddrunk are "worse" than their older albums (which IMO they are, but again that's my opinion), but I think you'd be a bit blinded not to say that they are less unique and more mainstream-sounding. I mean, a lot of metal bands have been doing that lately. It offers more popularity, which means more money.

You're correct. You just forgot to talk about proportions.

Old: 90% good, 10% bad
AYDY: 10% good, 90% bad

OOOPS!!!!

Blooddrunk has 5 kickass songs and if you say that's 10% I will start calling you Chewbacka.

Anyway that's a nice subject to discuss but let's return to it later cuz I'm busy.

I say you get Hate Crew Deathroll, then very soon after that buy Hatebreeder and Follow the Reaper. Then just do whatever from there.

And I must say i dont agree with all the people saying COB changed at X point in their career. All the albums are distinctly different, EVEN Hatebreeder and FTR.

just save up enough money. and buy all !

That was the plan untill my friend decided i was going to go to the COB concert here in syd. I wasn't going to go cause I only started listening to a couple of songs at the beginning of the year (which she gave me). Now i have to save up to pay her back for the ticket she bought me... On the upside i bought hatebreeder the other day. But I's currently in the post getting sent to me.

Buy the 1st 3 studio releases and get the Tokyo Warhearts cd. Its one of the best live cds I have ever heard. The last 3 studio releases you can get if you want to. But IMO FTR and Hatebreeder are their master pieces.

well like i said earlier, ive bought hatebreeder, just waiting for it to get here. Then Just for something more recent im gonna get blooddrunk, then FTR then ill fill in the gaps... as long as i dont go broke. on that note i need to set money aside for credit and mothers day. I think i have $50 lying around somewhere...