Which COB album should i listen to first?

blindfred

Sep 13, 2006
Hey everyone :headbang: I'm new to COB s music . I've heard a couple of their singles and was quite impressed. I was just wondering what you think is their best album.....Is their earlier stuff better? Which album should i get first? Cheers

I like to listen to bands' material chronologically when I've only heard a few songs from their catalog.

1. Something Wild
2. Hatebreeder
3. Tokyo Warhearts
4. Follow the Reaper
5. Hate Crew Deathroll
6. Are You Dead Yet?
7. Chaos Ridden Years/Stockholm Knockout

If you are like most people, you will find each album better than the last, until you reach HCDR, at which point you might start to be disappointed. Not me, though. I like all their albums.

Hatebreeder and then Follow the Reaper. hatebreeder has a more neo-classical sound to it though.

and yeah, in most people's opinions, their earlier stuff is better.

I like to listen to bands' material chronologically when I've only heard a few songs from their catalog.

1. Something Wild
2. Hatebreeder
3. Tokyo Warhearts
4. Follow the Reaper
5. Hate Crew Deathroll
6. Are You Dead Yet?

This is really a good advice, I agree.

When I discovered COB, the first song I heard was "Towards dead end", which is on the Hatebreeder album (my fav album)... but then I went back to listen to their songs starting from their first album, Something Wild...
I liked every album so much... but when I listened to the newest one, Are You Dead Yet?, I was a lil' disappointed cause it is so different from the CoB's style I've always adored.

But in the end, I like this their change too... but honestly, if they should ever come back to their old "sound" at least a little... I would be happier.

Whichever album you'll start to listen their music... I wish you a good time. :)

First song i heard was "Lake Bodom", i think:p
And then i was just ordering everything i could find.
No matter which you are listening to first they are all good!

yeah id say hatebreeder, something wild, follow the reaper, aydy then hcdr

also, get plenty of bootlegs from the live stuff thread

I'd say Hatebreeder then Follow The Reaper..and oh,while listening to Everytime I Die remeber that it's one of the greatest songs by CoB :lol:

HATEBREEDER!!!! by far their best album IMO, but its all up to you buddy! awesome to see a new fan of CoB!!! my first song was Lake Bodom as well, and i was very impressed, i was so entranced....and then Hatebreeder was the first album i got. Children of Bodom got me into a TON of new bands.....so many its crazy.

If you are like most people, you will find each album better than the last, until you reach HCDR, at which point you might start to be disappointed. Not me, though. I like all their albums.

Honestly.. :lol: I have yet to meet the person who thinks this way in real life... only on this board have I seen such an opinion. If you were to go to a show and say this, you'd prolly get the shit kicked out of you :lol:

Reactions: Saartje
It doesn't really matter. It depends what kind of stuff you like more. All the albums are great but my favorite was Follow The Reaper. If you like the neo-classical stuff, get FTR and Hatebreeder. If you like the more hardcore stuff, get Are You Dead Yet and Hate Crew Deathroll. The first time i heard of them was when i heard Every Time I DIe and it completely blew me away. All the instruments were really good and the music was so powerful and fun to listen to .

It doesn't really matter. It depends what kind of stuff you like more. All the albums are great but my favorite was Follow The Reaper. If you like the neo-classical stuff, get FTR and Hatebreeder. If you like the more hardcore stuff, get Are You Dead Yet and Hate Crew Deathroll. The first time i heard of them was when i heard Every Time I DIe and it completely blew me away. All the instruments were really good and the music was so powerful and fun to listen to .

That should realy help you out on where to start, because it really depends on your style and what singles got you into them in the first place. Whichever singles they were, go with that/those cd(s) first, imo. Then check out their other stuff.

Oh, and welcome to the online Hate Crew. haha

Cheers for all your help ... I'm going to get Hatebreeder tomorrow and take it from there!

1. Something Wild
2. Hatebreeder
3. Tokyo Warhearts
4. Follow the Reaper
5. Hate Crew Deathroll
6. Are You Dead Yet?

Ha, that is exactly what I would have said to listen to :loco:

theres not much to say seeing how every one covered everything,but chronologically(i diffenetly spelled it wrong) would be the best way to go. Something wild is a pretty weird album in the sense that theres a lot of things that bodom stopped doing on the next album hatebreeder,Its a pretty dark album,Hatebreeder i describe as the blueprint to bodoms sound and Follow The Reaper is the pinniacle of there musicianship,Hatecrew Deathroll incorporated a heavier feel and Are you Dead Yet is the catchiest album.
So listen to them all in order so that you can hear how they progressed and thus you will like every album and not just the older stuff,because the older stuff is better but the newer shit is still great!:kickass: :) :headbang: :) :kickass: