First Cob you hear

The first song was Children Of Decadence... It was before I know Audiogalaxy or any p2p, so I've downloaded a sample with about 1:30 minute from a metal review website, and thought OMFG!!!!

I've always red some reviews and interviews about that band, since the release of SW, and the name always looked very intriguing, but that time we didn't have any album released here in Brazil... After listened to Chldren Of Decadence I've spent A LOT of money and bought the imported version of FTR and then... I've listened to HATE ME! and put this band into my top 5 list.
bowdown.gif

Today I have all the albuns released in Brazil yet (SW, HCD, and soon HB which is gonna be released here this very fucking month
jump3.gif
)

All I can say since I've heard that damn song sample: This band FUCKING RULES!!!
headbob.gif

in early '99 ... eh it was Lake Bodom... an internet pal that i talked to sent me the mp3 and I totally dig it ! the next day i went to buy the cd and listened to it 24/7 =)

Extendar said:
Well, I guess it was in 1996.

That's what I answered in the earlier thread posted by SSJ4SomethingX =)

And, yes, it was in 1996, before they released Something Wild. I heard Deadnight Warrior on a compilation album, and shortly after that went to a Nightwish/CoB gig and shortly after that I bought SW.

I started to collect different versions of the albums in 2001, when I started to get much more money/month, so I had more money to spend on CoB stuff.

Silent night bodom night guitar tabulature, it was a complete coincidence that Ive dicovered CoB. That was the time that nobody except me knew them. I really didnt had a chance to hear anything from them until I bought SW tape. I have it still, and its one of my favs.

Anyway that was something like 99 with this tape, SW was bought much later on, and when I got the internet at my home I started shareing my thoughts on the old cob board. Dont remember exactly how was it called, but I remember that many of us as Zarok, Bodomite, Humus666, loWildChild (these are all that keeps hanging here still) and me moved here on november 2001 a.d. I had almost a 6 months break with the cob listening to matter, but Ive back for good.

And thats my story :D

First song was Deadnight Warrior. I thought that this was some extremely kickass music but the vocals were quite weird (i hate never heard screaming vocals before). More listens, and I liked it more so I bought hatebreeder!

It was Warheart imho, cause I listened to the whole Hatebreeder album on casette in '02.
I didn't know this band and it was my brother's casette, so I asked him what it is, and he told me that Children of Bodom if he remembers well :)
Then I searched for them on the net and my CoB obsession began :p

NP: Finntroll - Jaktens Tid

Extendar said:
That's what I answered in the earlier thread posted by SSJ4SomethingX =)

And, yes, it was in 1996, before they released Something Wild. I heard Deadnight Warrior on a compilation album, and shortly after that went to a Nightwish/CoB gig and shortly after that I bought SW.

I started to collect different versions of the albums in 2001, when I started to get much more money/month, so I had more money to spend on CoB stuff.

Is my name that hard to remember? Anyways, just call me Seph. Everyone does anyways. It's easier and 'friendlier (misspelled?)' that way.

NP: Dream Theater - Caught in a Web