First If Album And How You Heard About It

My ex gf introduced me to In Flames. She gave me a song called Trigger. It amazed me so much that they quickly became my favorite band and still are. My first real metal band, all thanks to an ex (she was still my gf at the time).

The first album i heard was whoracle, when ps2 first came out, me and some friends were smoking weed like a bunch of immature 9th graders! playing tony hawk 3, I wa sinto alot of punk, and he put in whoracle and holy shit! i couldn't believe my ears, it was so catchy and melodic i automatically thought of metallica but more extreme, and right after that day i became very interested in metal, my friend burned me colony and i was even more impressed, the first album i bought though was The Jester Race and then metal took over my ears since then, that was around the time clayman just came out. When r2r came otu about a year or 2 later i hated it at firts but it has grown to be one of my favorites. Weird right? anyways Jester Race was my first. I read about how it was there best on amazon.com and just bought away.

I was once waiting in the car because my brother went to pick up something for himself. So I was just checking out the CD's in the car. The Tokyo Showdown was one of the CD's in the car. I heard about In Flames from quite a long time and heard maybe one or two songs for them only like once and I didn't know who they are much. So I put the CD and started listening... Bullet Ride just blew me away; the vocals, the solo, everything. So I kept listening to the whole tracklist, I liked each and every song in it. I kept listening to the album for a whole month non-stop. Afterwards I bought Whoracle and eventually got the whole collection. In Flames are now my alltime favorite band along with Dark Tranquillity and At The Gates.

I'd heard some songs (The Hive and Insipid 2000) in the year of 2001. I didn't follow up on them until late 2003 when I decided that I wanted a change from my usual musical tastes back then and so I downloaded some more songs and Only for the Weak stood out to me. So I bought Clayman and that's where everything else I now listen to was spawned from and why In Flames are one of my favourite bands (even though the new stuff's shite).

Clayman's a good starter album in the melodic death genre.