First JSX Test

Sorry man, totally missed that post.

I like them - they're pretty accurate in all frequencies, kind cloudy in the lower mids I suppose. I don't regret buying them, but I'd probably go for some Yamaha HS80's instead.

Cool thanks dude, appreciated.

-Joe

Hehe, now it sounds a BIT more like what I get from it, though I'll definately be switching to 6L6's (and a JB).
How fucking lively do the passives sound though!! Man, I do like certain things about EMG's, but there's no way in hell that, at this point in time, I would have a guitar with only actives.

dude, that sounds REALLY good, the emg81 one moreso than the JB version. i didn't really think of the JSX as heavy amp, but apparently i was mistaken :lol:
so, how's the crunch channel? you said it's your lead channel, but do you need an overdrive of some sort to get the gain up high enough, or is it like the framus cobra crunch channel e.g. in the sense that crunch isn't really CRUNCH but more like a less gainy version of the lead channel with a different voicing?

I hate to hijack dude, but can anyone send me the Sneap samples or has them hosted somewhere? Andy's link doesn't seem to be working for me. Thanks.,

-Joe

yo, DSS, it's good to hear that your playing has improved a lot since you started posting clips way back.

Cheers for the clip of the JB. It almost goes without saying for me that I prefer the clip of the 81, as the rhythmic nuances are so much more pronounced. The JB has a nicer, more lush thing going in the midrange however. That amp would probably love some quad tracking with a cross of actives and passives.

DSS3, I've read through your previous posts about the 5150 head.

After testing those amps, which one do YOU prefer ? (JSX or 5150)

From what I listened to, I like the JSX better.
But, maybe you just improved yourself in the way you recorded, tracked and mix everything :)

fuck, you're only 16 and already got 2 of these huge valve amps. Already 22 and I still never owned one of them.... its gonna happen