flaming eachother's taste

JoeVice said:

Personally, Ive had enough of those types of people. Quite frankly I think its kind of ridiculous. I dont care about their taste in music, as far as Im concerned people have the right to like what they want. I cant force anyone to like something. But when you take it upon yourself to shave your eyebrows and draw them back on, or spend shit loads of money at your local Culture Craze store to look like the guy from My Chemical Romance... then it gets a little outta hand.

Forest-of-October said:
Personally, Ive had enough of those types of people. Quite frankly I think its kind of ridiculous. I dont care about their taste in music, as far as Im concerned people have the right to like what they want. I cant force anyone to like something. But when you take it upon yourself to shave your eyebrows and draw them back on, or spend shit loads of money at your local Culture Craze store to look like the guy from My Chemical Romance... then it gets a little outta hand.

Well, maybe a little over-judgemental, but I can definately see where you're coming from.

Many people on here have terrible taste. What bands you listen to reflects on your personality. I don't think I should have to explain what I don't like about nu-metal or emo. It's like having to tell someone why you should eat with silverware in public, or why they should dress up on certain obvious occassions. These things just are, just as we know that Korn is a garbage band. We didn't need a 250 post thread to establish that. Maybe when some people here grow up, we won't have so many CoF, CoB, or Dimmu fans. Why eat hot dogs when you can eat steak? That's not to say that hot dogs are terrible, just that there are finer things to have.

MasterOLightning said:
Many people on here have terrible taste. What bands you listen to reflects on your personality. I don't think I should have to explain what I don't like about nu-metal or emo. It's like having to tell someone why you should eat with silverware in public, or why they should dress up on certain obvious occassions. These things just are, just as we know that Korn is a garbage band. We didn't need a 250 post thread to establish that. Maybe when some people here grow up, we won't have so many CoF, CoB, or Dimmu fans. Why eat hot dogs when you can eat steak? That's not to say that hot dogs are terrible, just that there are finer things to have.

Yeah, in YOUR opinion. And if you can't accept the tastes as opinions of others to be as valid as your own... maybe it's you that needs to grow up, man. :err:

MasterOLightning said:
Many people on here have terrible taste. What bands you listen to reflects on your personality. Why eat hot dogs when you can eat steak? That's not to say that hot dogs are terrible, just that there are finer things to have.

to an overly conservative minded christian, if you're gay, you are moraly fucked up. if you are not christian, you are a lost heathen. to someone that loves hot dogs way more than steak, they can't fathom how it feels to like steak better....you probably can't fathom how it feels to like korn better than opeth...and it goes the other way for korn lovers. how does that make you more right?

Forest-of-October said:

i think that it is wrong to draw a link between culture and music...and then use it to base judgements on someone in the name of music (why do you care in the first place?)...i agree with you that there is a correlation between emo music, and skinny/white/black, spiky combed hair...but, regardless of how the two tend to go hand and hand...i don't think that they are mutually exclusive...there is music, and then there is culture. i think that the tension between different genres is silly. now, i got a bit off track here...but, do you not agree that a lot of male opeth fans have long hair? i do!!! but i don't even think of that as something i do because of my love for metal...it is just something that i happen to like...and i happen to like metal. look at yourself in the mirror...do you look like a metal-head? if not, then this is irrelevant...but, i hope you understand what i'm saying.

cause like, all metal fans are mindless headbanging leather wearing mofos who know jack-all about anything but powerchords, booze and women :)

i agree with Joe

Opeth aren't exactly a typical metal band so why would all their fans be stereotype metal heads? Its great that they aren't all like that!

This is my second time on this forum, I early noticed how competitive EVERYTHING is... what album is the best, what song has the best solo's, on what album Lopez sounds best or plays best, on what album did Peter's hair shine most !

Who cares? Sure everyone has his favourite song(s), but why look at it as albums, it's all Opeth, it's all Opeth music, why you look at it as seperate fragments!? Like whine, this year is best, this year sucks, this type is best in the year that sucks... Opeth isn't whine! It's beer! AND BEER ALWAYS RULES!!

Now that's interesting. I fought since forever against elitist objectism. Anyway, as long as people identify themselves with their music, it can't be avoided.