Floor Jansen's Open Letter to Fans

Every singer is different, and we as fans, should respect their wishes. Period.

And for the record, I adore and respect both Floor and Simone.

I couldn't help but think of this recent article as I read this thread! :lol: And I think we could all use a little laugh..

A Rihanna Meet And Greet Vs. An Avril Lavigne Meet And Greet

~ Jen

funny you bring this up...at Chicago Comic Con a few years back William Shatner was there and for something like $125 bucks you could take a picture with him. It was in a private room and from what I read later...you could not talk to him, shake his hand, touch him. You basically walked in and stood at the other end of this small table between you and him and they took the picture. Sadly the line was out the door and they sold it as...we can't have every fan talking and wanting things signed. The next year he came back and they had a huge falling out and he left after an hour.

Yeah, me too....

I think I just became a bigger Rhianna fan.

By all accounts she's pretty cool. My younger brother worked on Battleship (please hold the laughs) and he got this with her:
tumblr_ld6lfgcOd61qz7ri6o1_500.jpg

I liked Rihanna until she did this: http://necolebitchie.com/2014/05/prombat-rihanna-accused-of-cyber-bullying-a-fan/

(pardon the website, was trying to find something that showed both the photos and the response.)

TLDR: a fan posted a photo of herself wearing an identical goofy outfit to Rihanna; Rihanna reposted it with a sad face.

Not sure if there was ever an explanation given from her end, but that was pretty uncalled-for...

funny you bring this up...at Chicago Comic Con a few years back William Shatner was there and for something like $125 bucks you could take a picture with him. It was in a private room and from what I read later...you could not talk to him, shake his hand, touch him. You basically walked in and stood at the other end of this small table between you and him and they took the picture. Sadly the line was out the door and they sold it as...we can't have every fan talking and wanting things signed. The next year he came back and they had a huge falling out and he left after an hour.

Historically, Shatner has always been difficult to work with at conventions. Stories like this come up all the time for him.

And you could put up a cardboard image of Avril and it wouldn't make much of a difference.