Fluoridated water was invented by the Nazis? whaaa?

yesterday i went to my school's deli to get a sandwhich and i was wearing a Led Zepplin t-shirt. the black deli-cafeteria worker who often talks to/hits on me read my shirt and proceeded to ask me if i knew that a "Zepplin" was in fact a blimp invented during WWII by a guy who sided with the Nazis, and that he finds it amazing that something associated with the Nazis was used in the name of one of the biggest bands in the world.

the next time i see him, i'll ask him if he knew that the Nazis also invented flouride.

dreaming neon darkspot said:
yesterday i went to my school's deli to get a sandwhich and i was wearing a Led Zepplin t-shirt. the black deli-cafeteria worker who often talks to/hits on me read my shirt and proceeded to ask me if i knew that a "Zepplin" was in fact a blimp invented during WWII by a guy who sided with the Nazis, and that he finds it amazing that something associated with the Nazis was used in the name of one of the biggest bands in the world.

the next time i see him, i'll ask him if he knew that the Nazis also invented flouride.

Woah, this guy never gets laid. Or if he does, it's clearly not for his banter.

[KOTNO]Narrot said:
I'm just so sick of how everything is so pumped full of chemicals
>> i just hope you realise that you probably wouldnt even recognize your room if everything inside which is product of chemical industries would be missing. it's kinda weird how ppl fear stuff because they dont know about it. i dont mean to offend you ... i just hate all this anti-chemicals-bullshit, especially when it's not accurate ...

I understand that mostly everything is made from chemicals or is a byproduct of chemicals, and or is made with the help of chemicals. But Have you read a label on a bottle of tooth paste? It says "If you accidentally swallow more than used for brushing, get medical help or contact a poison control center right away."
and the same goes for mouth wash.
Do some research.

No I was merely stating a simple truth, He hope Bacchante Realized that everything in her room would be different without chemicals. Duh I can't Ingest my chemicallydyed blue drapes "without some serious *ahem* backup problems". Just like if you were to take flouride in heavy doses, you'd get mightly sick. [kotno]Narrot didn't provide research, even though he stated he hated all this Inaccurate anti-chemical-bullshit. I'd like to know why he hates the Ideal of being anti-chemical.

I was just kidding. :)

Also, we are far too early into our heavy use of chemicals to ever know if it will *really* affect us.

derek said:
I was just kidding. :)

Also, we are far too early into our heavy use of chemicals to ever know if it will *really* affect us.
I don't know about that, I think that we have so many different amounts of chemicals in us, that its just hard to tell, what causes what. Thats my opinion on that, whether its right or wrong.

Well, we certainly put more chemicals into our bodies (even without realising) than ever before. For example just the atmosphere vegetables are grown in. So, in that respect, the long term effects of our food no longer being totally organic (due to them having chemical input, by proxy) are going to be a mystery for some time to come.