Fluoridated water was invented by the Nazis? whaaa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaming neon darkspot
proceeded to ask me if i knew that a "Zepplin" was in fact a blimp invented during WWII by a guy who sided with the Nazis,

How could anyone not know this?

Count Von Zeppelin would have had a hard time being linked with the Nazis, considering he died in 1917.

Zeppelins were invented loooong before WWII. Their golden age ended with the Hindenburg explosion, which also happened before WWII Hitler actually despised them as being impractical for warfare, apparently.

The Germans do have a history outside the Nazi era, despite what US black guy Led Zeppelin hating chefs may think. (Though from watching the History Channel, one would never know it... :heh: )

Edit: Of course, if you were being facetious with the 'how could anyone not know this', then... uh, go me, heh.

um, does everyone not know that infact the volkswagon beetle was also Hitler's idea????

He wanted a 'peoples' car.

Nazies were evil for sure, but they also brought about a lot of the 'modern" stuff we all take for granted.

Bacchante said:
SERIOUSLY off topic....but I felt the need to post this because I care for you silly motherfuckers *awwww!*
I quickly wrote this for a local newspaper...its completely un-professional, but I had to get it out. You see, they're trying to keep fluoride in our water supply, but a new Measure (Measure W to be precise..oh hohoho), wants to stop that (yeah buddy!). Seriously....fuck fluoride...This lab-synthesized poison has no business in our bodies OR our water.
I encourage you to do more research online..it is seriously a scary issue to me. CHECK THIS OUT:

"When the Nazis under Hitler decided to go into Poland, both the German General Staff and the Russian General Staff exchanged scientific and military ideas, plans, and personnel, and the scheme of mass control through water medication was seized upon by the Russian Communists because it fitted ideally into their plan to communize the world. ...

"I was told of this entire scheme by a German chemist who was an official of the great IG Farben chemical industries and was also prominent in the Nazi movement at the time. I say this with all the earnestness and sincerity of a scientist who has spent nearly 20 years' research into the chemistry, biochemistry, physiology and pathology of fluorine--any person who drinks artificially fluorinated water for a period of one year or more will never again be the same person mentally or physically." - CHARLES E. PERKINS, Chemist, 2 October 1954.

What is a bi-product of atomic bombs and one of the main ingredients in Sarin Nerve Gas, Prozac and rat poison?
Fluoride!

This substance is present in many of our toothpastes, mouthwashes, vitamins, and (sadly) our drinking water; all for the sake of good dental hygiene. There is evidence that fluroide, even in an infantesimal amount, can cause neurological difficulties, bone deformities, and a variety of cancers! It's not meant to be ingested! When you drink flouridated water, your delicate internal organs are being exposed more than your teeth...take that into consideration.

A few months ago, I revealed to my dental practitioner that I no longer use fluoridated toothpaste or mouthwash. She asked why, and I explained that I have been using fluoride toothpastes, rinses, and tablets (bleh!) throughout my life, and they didn't seem to do anything for me. In fact, I had more cavities while using those products. I also know fluoride is a poison, and I don't feel comfortable being exposed to it anymore. She proceeded to lambast me for what I said, telling me that fluoride hardens the tooth's enamel, and it was necessary to prevent tooth decay. I asked her if there was any evidence backing her claim, and she couldn't give me a straight answer.

Has anyone noticed how difficult finding concrete evidence backing the "positive benefits" of fluoridation is? Why is that? Before you vote against Measure W , PLEASE do some research on the real negative effects of fluoride and water fluoridation! This process has already been banned by approximately 99% of western Europe. Please, take the time to question why. Thank you

Thanks for the info Bacchante. I always wondered about that cause I have almost all my teeth filled although we had flouride in the water. However, my cousin in Greece keeps cursing them that they never flourinated the water and that's why many people's teeth are so bad. Think it's that random? Hmmmm :cry:

DreamNeonBlack said:
um, does everyone not know that infact the volkswagon beetle was also Hitler's idea????

He wanted a 'peoples' car.

Nazies were evil for sure, but they also brought about a lot of the 'modern" stuff we all take for granted.

Yissir. I was just thinking/saying earlier on that much modern science was thrusted into being by the Nazi's.

Blind Jackal said:
Thanks for the info Bacchante. I always wondered about that cause I have almost all my teeth filled although we had flouride in the water. However, my cousin in Greece keeps cursing them that they never flourinated the water and that's why many people's teeth are so bad. Think it's that random? Hmmmm :cry:

No problem...I'm glad somebody didn't flame me, heh. But the topic is so debatable...fuck it.

And for the record, I did tons of research on what I said...Fluoride was a key ingredient in the atom bomb, Sarin gas is also known as Isopropoxymethylphosphoryl fluoride. And I am completely aware of the chemicals I live with in my home..For the last several years, I have been making a conscious effort to eliminate them completely. I have my reasons for being so persistant..half of my family is either dead or seriously fucked up because of the crap they've been pumped full of. Frankly, I would rather die some other way.

I honestly don't think anything I said was "anti-chemical BS"...and the article I wrote sounded sensationalized because I wanted people to read it..in the hopes they would do research before they voted.

Anyway, I kinda wish this thread would be deleted. It's pointless.

I hope you are aware that 'fluoride' refers to a huge group of different chemical compounds, whose properties are all different. Sulfur Hexafluoride, for example, is non-toxic and a good party amusement (has the opposite effect as helium on your voice). Polytetrafluoroethylene is more commonly known as Teflon. Hydrofluoric Acid is so dangerous that spilling it on your skin is a medical emergency (and often fatal). Just because something is a fluoride compound doesn't automatically make it bad.