Folk music suggestions

Mayh

Who's that Melinda person
Oct 3, 2001
I´m looking for Folk music, something similar to Nick Drake :) Can anyone recommend something interesting

Hmm folk music? I looove Ani Difranco from Buffulo New York..Ani releases her folk rock Cd's on her own label Rightous Babe records..Ani's finger picking is very pecussive as she uses crazy nails to get a percussive sound..Ani's music deals with a lot of social and womens issues..You should check out Ani Di Franco.. -l-
Ani rules..

Reactions: Jo
like gutiars and lut ??? listen to Rolf Lislevand`s music , hes one of the few professors in lut.
beautifull sound.

Thanks for all the suggestions... I have agalloch´s The Mantle and it´s quite good but I´m looking for this singer/songwriter type of folk music.

As far as singer/songwriters go, I would suggest Beck's Mutations or Sea Change. Both are well produced(Nigel Goodrich) and extremely moody. Mutations is from 1999 and has a 60s vibe to it. Sea Change came out in 2002. A truly gifted musician!

yeah I have beck´s sea change and like it alot but i´ll have to check out mutations and I´ve been meaning to look into Red House Painters... Thanks

I feel the urge to play Machine Head hehe all hail the magnificent Ritchie Blackmore.
headbob.gif

Gjallarhorn is great, thanks for the link. Have you heard any Dead Can Dance? www.deadcandance.com