Football

good game, really funny indeed !! :lol: :lol:

If the Italian player said that, I understand Zidane, It's difficult to keep self control in front of racist behaviours !! (but it's not official yet, let see what wil happen in few days)

if the game you're talking about is the world cup final - then no, its a majestic, epic and glorious game. the epitome of the beautiful game. but if you're referring to the headbutt incident - eh, i still think that Zidane was right in defending his honor, come on, racist comments should've earned materazzi a red card as well. The refs were the biggest losers of the world cup 2006 imo.

Sorry station820, I should've made it clear that I was talking about "mortal kombat" (see above) and the tendency to ridicule Zidane. I totally agree with you, IMO Zidane was defending his honour, he knew exactly what he was doing and probably couldn't care less about winning the world cup. After all, it's *only* football...

well to think about it materazzi must have said something pretty harsh to get Zidane to lose his temper like that...but i don't remeber someone getting a red card for whispering insults in one's ear.

The big losers this world cup is deffinetly the referees...i think Fifa should allow the use of tv footage to help the ref make the right decision

huhuhu the rumors and craziest things around this are getting bigger and bigger.

The last one (spanish sources) should be that Materazzi said "You son of a terrorist who*e" :D

A french laywer is trying to void the world cup final result :D :D

The FIFA has opened an investigation that might lead to null & void Zidane's "best player WC2006" award :D :D :D

And Zidane will speak this evening on the french TV. There will be certinaly more people attending than for a speaking of Jacques Chirac :D :D :D :D

"Give them bread and games, and they'll be happy" (c)

Well.....after seeing him on the french television....
i have to say, i believe him....
and it was very noble of him to say sorry to all the kids who watched the game...

on the israeli news forums in the net...it seems that 99% believes he is the player of the world cup....and should have the award, although that incident.

RashomoN said:
Well.....after seeing him on the french television....
i have to say, i believe him....
and it was very noble of him to say sorry to all the kids who watched the game...

on the israeli news forums in the net...it seems that 99% believes he is the player of the world cup....and should have the award, although that incident.

well he did play quite good from the elimination round...in the groups the whole french team played pretty shitty...that's why a lot of people never thought france would go past brazil.

...whereas the german game was kind of boring - every ball hit the goal.

13-0

goddamn, this doesn't look like a football result at all... poor San Marino, i am sorry for them. They said before the game, everything less the 4-0 is like winning for them, but we gave them 13. I bet he goalkeeper (21 year old, untrained player) was crying the whole night and had nightmares of balls flying on him.

Also the stadium was filled with German fans, singing all the time. It was just like a home game for Germany.

Elyia said:
...whereas the german game was kind of boring - every ball hit the goal.

13-0

goddamn, this doesn't look like a football result at all... poor San Marino, i am sorry for them. They said before the game, everything less the 4-0 is like winning for them, but we gave them 13. I bet he goalkeeper (21 year old, untrained player) was crying the whole night and had nightmares of balls flying on him.

Also the stadium was filled with German fans, singing all the time. It was just like a home game for Germany.

Israel used to get these kind of results against san marino...
but their football team is completly made of amateurs...who all have other jobs maybe one or two of of them are playing professionaly in some team in division 7 in some country...so what is there to expect.

the only way for san marino to win is by techinicality or if the other team gets 6 red cards...according to the rules 6 red cards for a team is an automatic stop for the game and the other team wins automatically 2-0 no matter what the score was before.the 2 goal are registered as technical and not as someones goal.
I don't remember when's the last time someone pulled that stunt...oh well there are always fifa computer games to apply those hypothetical situations and see what happens

I can't say I'm not happy with the current situation in group E...I srael is currently in second place with the same number of points as England...but we got the first 2 teams as relatively easy in the group Estonia who we beat 1-0 and Andora who we beat 4-1.
I'm afraid the situation might change a bit when Israel will play against england and croatia and maybe russia

:erk:

We lost 1-0 to Germany. Lehman could have had some tea and sandwiches during that second-half for all the threat we posed!!

paradoxile said:
the only way for san marino to win is by techinicality or if the other team gets 6 red cards...according to the rules 6 red cards for a team is an automatic stop for the game and the other team wins automatically 2-0 no matter what the score was before.the 2 goal are registered as technical and not as someones goal.
I don't remember when's the last time someone pulled that stunt...oh well there are always fifa computer games to apply those hypothetical situations and see what happens

I had no ideas such rules existed. Thanks for enlightening me!

Imrama said:
:erk:

We lost 1-0 to Germany. Lehman could have had some tea and sandwiches during that second-half for all the threat we posed!!
As for that goal, we were just lucky ...as usual...:rolleyes:

Imrama said:
I had no ideas such rules existed. Thanks for enlightening me!

I don't know if these rules still exist...last time I remember these rules were in use was 2002.
it is rather logical...6 red cards for a team in one game means they are using violence to win...then they don't deserve to win.
the rules I believe are sligtly different actually...a team must have at least 6 players on the pitch not to lose technicly...I believe this rule is more for teams protesting...when some players don't want to play for moral or security reasons...like say a match between between USA and Iran.
so if there are 6 players willing to play they can.
logic says after 6 red cards there are 5 players on the pitch which means they lose the game technicly. a techincal loss means a score 2-0.
again I don't know if this rule is still in use...and the last time I saw anything getting close to this suituation is the game between portugal and the netherlands in the world cup 06...13 cards total not all of them were red though.

sister ophelia said:
As for that goal, we were just lucky ...as usual...:rolleyes:

well, it was a bit of luck but we would have been very lucky to draw on the other hand. You should have won that game by 3 or 4 goals. How we could do with a Klose up-front or a Ballack in midfield. We need to find the new Roy Keane quickly.
After missing out on the world cup i really can't see us qualifying out of a group containing Germany, Czech Republic and Slovakia :erk: