Football

King Richard

Hello there
Mar 23, 2006
Wouldn't you like to know
The Sports Thread is dead and everyone else is making threads about other sports so why the hell not.

Found out this morning that the Colts' back-up running back Kenton Keith was arrested early sunday morning for a slew of charges. I was hoping they'd keep him, just work on his shitty catching problems. But now I hope they cut his ass and draft a running back. :rolleyes:

The draft is pretty fucking boring and I don't understand how some people can watch it for hours.
Yeah. A buddy of mine is throwing a Bears draft party Saturday with prizes and squares. Needless to say I won't be attending. I love football but the draft bores the shit out of me.

The Packers GM is a draft genius, so I have no idea who he'll get. I hope he picks Colt Brennan in a later round though

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/bengals/2008-04-22-chad-johnson_N.htm

Lewis to Ocho Cinco: Sit out the season
By Mark Curnutte, The Cincinnati Enquirer
CINCINNATI — Cincinnati Bengals coach Marvin Lewis said Tuesday the Bengals have not received any trade offers, including one from the Redskins for their first-round pick this year and third-round pick next year, for disgruntled wide receiver Chad Johnson.

And when asked if Johnson's threat to not to play would affect the team's draft plans, Lewis said it wouldn't, and added that Johnson should be prepared to sit out the season.

"I think he has made it clear he's not going to play, and that's what I've been aware of since the end of last season. I think it's time to do what you say you're going to do, and we'll move forward.

"He has a contract through 2011. He stated, without an opportunity to go to another team with a new contract he wasn't going to play. I think he's a man of his word, and says he's not going to play, so don't play."

In its report of the Redskins trade offer, ESPN.com said the 2009 pick could elevate to a first if Johnson were to hit performance incentives with Washington.

"Errant," is how Lewis described the report of the trade offer. "I don't think Mike Brown received a call."

"No," Lewis said again when asked if Brown had received any trade offers.