Football

Because he's had 5 straight 1000 yard receiving seasons, and is a rare stand out talent that is occasionally unstoppable?

Nobody's offering because Cincinnati made it clear they're not trading him. They already turned down 2 number ones for him, and no one else is going to offer that.

I dont see how 2 #1's is not better than a #2 reciever(being that he's still amazing ofc).

I'm extremely happy with the draft picks the Colts have made. Depth at LB, OL, and a (hopefully) good replacement for the pos known as Ben Utecht (good luck bengalers! not rly tho).

I'd make a guess at what Polian and Dungy will pick next, but it's usually the opposite of what I would think. Probably a RB, WR, or a lineman of some sort. One of those three, but we'll see. Go Colts!

So the Bengals pick a defensive player in the 5th round that has had disciplinary problems in the past (DUI, violation of team rules). Fucking brilliant..

Not only that, he also was out most of his senior season with a leg injury. Mike Brown is a faggot

EDIT: Ben Utecht is someone that the Bengals need. Now maybe they can do two TE sets and get some more passing weapons

The thing about Chad Johnson...Do you want to take the chance that if his new team loses a few, he'll threaten to not play in the next game, like a sore loser 6 year old? That's another reason teams may pass, despite his athletic talent. If he would have played college ball at Penn State, he wouldn't have turned out so childish.

The thing about Chad Johnson...Do you want to take the chance that if his new team loses a few, he'll threaten to not play in the next game, like a sore loser 6 year old? That's another reason teams may pass, despite his athletic talent. If he would have played college ball at Penn State, he wouldn't have turned out so childish.

He's not like that. He never complained until the organization started blaming his antics for their losses.

I like Ocho. I think he's a highly competitive hard worker who is generally a great teammate. He has fun and likes to celebrate, which I see no problem with. He's only doing this now because the organization blamed him for their losing.
Last time I checked, he doesn't play defense or running back... nor has he been arrested several times like half of the Bengals team.
I blame the Bengals for this whole ordeal.

If he was a great teammate, he'd stay a little more positive about the situation. Leroy Selmon of the Bucs only had 2 winning seasons out of the 10 years he played. He never complained, and still put up numbers on a franchise, that at the time, was THE worst ever. That's a great teammate, and player. Johnson's a good reciever, but he's an attention whore. It's about team.....right?

Who cares what Leroy Selmon did... he didn't win and the franchise didn't turn him into a scapegoat. How many Super Bowl rings does Leroy Selmon have?

It is about the team, but these guys are individuals too. If he can't be himself without the franchise unjustifiably persecuting him, he needs to find another team, and it's ridiculous (though good for the Cowboys) that they didn't take the 2 number ones the Redskins offered. It would have been good for both parties.

Is he supposed to just sit back and be miserable while the franchise blames him for causing them to do the same thing they were doing the 15 years before him?

He just needs to talk to the Owner, coach, his TEAMmates, General Manager. Tell them he wants out, don't cause distraction, and hurt his team by sitting out. Constantly bitching to the media isn't going to make it easier for him, they can't do anything for him. And...championships have nothing to do with it. Johnson hasn't any championships! At least Selmon has made it to the NFC champioship game. (1979) And, he's in the Hall of Fame as well. Landry, Parcells, or Jimmy Johnson wouldn't let a player act like that. Yes, the Bengals have been pretty bad at running things since 93-94, and on, but he signed the contract. Honor it, or reason with the organization somehow. At least they don't have the Dolphins owner! I wish he'd hurry up, and sell the team to someone who knows how to make better business decisions!

Now this is funny shit!!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...lug=ap-bears-bensonarrested&prov=ap&type=lgns
Chicago RB Benson arrested on intoxicated boating charge

AP - May 4, 12:30 pm EDT NFL Gallery AUSTIN, Texas (AP)—Chicago Bears running back Cedric Benson failed a sobriety test while operating a 30-foot boat, then resisted arrest before being hit with pepper spray and dragged ashore by officers.

Benson faces charges of boating while intoxicated and resisting arrest after the incident Saturday night on Lake Travis, Travis County Sheriff’s Department spokesman Roger Wade said.

Benson was released from jail early Sunday on a $14,500 bond. A call to Benson’s agent was not immediately returned.

Benson was operating the boat with 15 passengers aboard when he was stopped by a Lower Colorado River Authority officer for a random safety inspection. He failed a field sobriety test on the officer’s boat and was uncooperative when the officer tried to take him ashore, the authority said.

“When Benson did not pass the test, he presented himself as a threat to the officer and argued about whether or not he would be taken to land to have a follow-up field sobriety test performed on land and refused to put on a life jacket,” the authority said in a statement.

The officer had to use pepper spray to subdue Benson. He then refused to leave the officer’s boat and authorities had to drag him to a car to be taken to the Travis County jail, the authority said.

Benson has had legal problems before.

He was sentenced to eight days in jail in 2003 for a misdemeanor trespassing charge after forcing his way into an apartment to look for a reported stolen TV. In 2002, misdemeanor drug and alcohol charges against him were dropped.

Benson rushed for more than 5,500 yards and 64 touchdowns at the University of Texas, going for 1,000 yards in four straight seasons.

The 25-year-old has done little since the Bears took him with the fourth pick of the 2005 draft.

As a rookie he couldn’t beat out Thomas Jones and rushed for 272 yards in nine games. He was more effective the next season while sharing time with Jones, going for six touchdowns and 647 yards.

Last year, Benson took over as the featured back after Jones was traded away. He rushed for 674 yards, four touchdowns and 3.4 yards a carry before going on injured reserve in November.

In three years with the Bears, Benson has rushed for 1,593 yards and 10 touchdowns, averaging 3.8 yards a carry. He’s also missed 13 games.