For all the songs on TGOTE....

Would you rather listen to John or Joey sing the classics?

• Total voters

anomynous

Jun 12, 2011
Would you rather listen to the original Joey/Turbin versions, or listen to Bush try to sing them?

My answer should be obvious.

Would you rather listen to the original Joey/Turbin versions, or listen to Bush try to sing them?

My answer should be obvious.

I wish you had a "both of them" option. I like em' because they are different, different in tone more so than pitch.........:wave:

I thought the Lone Justice option was better, since this board is responsible for it

Hate to be a killjoy, but aren't we just a tad over the Bush - Belladonna debate already?

Seriously, it'd be nice if they cranked out another album of all new original material in 18 months or less. Yeah, I know that's a tall order with this band.

I can't wait 'till they release: TNAGASBWHTPWTHANDATSWSBBHBITBOTE

"The - Not As Good A Singer But We have To Pretend We Think He's Awesome Now Despite All The Shit We Said Before Because He's Back In The Band - Of Two Evils"

TGOTE was a bit unnecessary if you ask me, thought it was good when it came out but cant listen to it much now. Wish they had recorded it like a proper live show.

Yes Deathrider is by far the best cut on the record, Joey failed miserably when he tried to squeak this one on the first reunion tour. I hadn't listened to TGOTE for maybe a year or so and got back to it few weeks ago, listened to it a few times. It's pretty good but would be better had they included some more "rare" songs such as Discharge, S.S.C., One World or Finale... I mean, I'd already heard Caught In A Mosh, I Am The Law and Madhouse million times...

The album is a shocker. John Bush does a great job though, the problem lies (1) in the so-called modernisation/semi re-writes of songs and song parts and (2) the butchering of Spitz's solos.

1. Firstly, Anthrax eliminates/waters-down, one of their core components: speed. Gone are the staple 220+ bpm d beats, instead we have the "heavier" groove metal tempos of 190. Here's just a couple of examples (obviously this relates to the faster tunes):
Indians: AML: The main riff, verse, pre-chorus, chorus fluctuates between 216-224bpm/ GOTE: hovers around 194bpm.
Among the Living: Main riff, verse etc. ATL: 203 bpm GOTE: 185bpm
Caught in a Mosh: ALT: 215-224 GOTE: hovers around 195-200bpm
etc.
Also the pointless added 1 bar breaks in Caught in a Mosh before the fast bass lick, and the same happens before the intro drum rolls in Among the Living. These add fuck all to the song, they hinder. etc.

2. For the solos, see Keep it in the Family, Be All End All (ok, there is some sic jamming there), A.I.R and many others. :ill: