Joey and John Bush's songs

Might be funny to you but that is the reason why. How can an album chart so high before anyone has ever heard it?

Pantera's far beyond driven charted at number 1. It had nothing to do with the music on the CD. It had to do with the success of the Vulgar Display of Power album and tour and all the hype that came with it. I love Far Beyond Driven, one of my favorite albums ever, but I didn't buy that album because I lived it. I never even heard it before I bought it. I just bought it because I was dying to hear a new Pantera album. Same reason why I bought SOWN. Never heard it before, went out and bought it just like thousands of other people. Gave it a few spins and put it down and was pissed off that ANthrax changed their sound.

Anthrax debuted high on SOWN then they fell off the charts not soon after.

Do you also think St. Anger debuted so high because people love the album? Or could it have just been because it is Metallica and people bought it blindly just to hear the music?

Yep. Anthrax was at its commercial peak when SOWN was released following the POT touring cycle and the Bring the Noise / Killer B's stuff with PE. SOWN was always destined to be huge.

and what was the reason why Vol.8 didn't sell? i know, i know, the record company went out of business, bad management, bad taste of the record-buying public, the supremacy of Hip Hop and Country in the US, bad promotion, bla bla bla. it didn't have to do anything with the quality of the songs on the album, pure gold, a compilaton of Thrax-classics.

and what was the reason why Vol.8 didn't sell? i know, i know, the record company went out of business, bad management, bad taste of the record-buying public, the supremacy of Hip Hop and Country in the US, bad promotion, bla bla bla. it didn't have to do anything with the quality of the songs on the album, pure gold, a compilaton of Thrax-classics.

Very few METAL bands (outside of Pantera) sold well in the 90s. FACT. Wow. Do you really think Joey would have made ANY difference? Seriously. Anthrax may have changed there sound (for the better) but if they did "THRASH" music, I doubt if it would have sold better....and Joey's caterwauling would have sold less than Bushthrax....TRUTH.

Think about it.:headbang:

the Bushthrax-problem was: most people interested in Nu-Rock, Grunge, Groove-Rock, Rock-Ballads didn't buy Anthrax-cds and most people interested in Anthrax didn't want to hear Nu-Rock, Grunge, Groove-Rock, Rock-Ballads.

the Bushthrax-problem was: most people interested in Nu-Rock, Grunge, Groove-Rock, Rock-Ballads didn't buy Anthrax-cds and most people interested in Anthrax didn't want to hear Nu-Rock, Grunge, Groove-Rock, Rock-Ballads.

Sure, fine, whatever.

I like music that is good (BUSHTRAX defines this)....all these names, genres is just idiocy.

If ANYONE can say that:

WOH, OH, OH, My anger turns to hatred
WOH, OH, AH, OH, It's time to ...

[REPEAT PRE-CHORUS]

[CHORUS:]
OOOOOH, AAAH, OOOOOH, The horror of it all
The horror of it all, I'm gonna break
The horror of it all, Tell me why

You're not supposed to question, but why's there so much pain
When someone's taken from you
What can you do or say ?
WOH, OH, OH, My hatred turns to violence

Beats:

All these years I've been the hard man
All these years it's been so hard man
To live my life for someone else
In fear of being honest with myself
I perpetrated a lie

Juggling my life with one hand
Tied behind my back, trying to find
And it had always been mine
I perpetrated a lie

I'm in, I'm out, I'm in, I'm out
I'm breaking through the darkness

And it knocked me over
Into the light of an older soul
And I'll never die
Cause everything I am is in your eyes

Angels in my heart, Devils in my eyes
Devils in my eyes...
Devils in my eyes..

Well, you are a fool. And the music on V8 beats the crap on ATL by a country mile.

Sure, fine, whatever.

I like music that is good (BUSHTRAX defines this)....all these names, genres is just idiocy.

If ANYONE can say that:

WOH, OH, OH, My anger turns to hatred

[REPEAT PRE-CHORUS]

[CHORUS:]
OOOOOH, AAAH, OOOOOH, The horror of it all
The horror of it all, I'm gonna break
The horror of it all, Tell me why

You're not supposed to question, but why's there so much pain
When someone's taken from you
What can you do or say ?
WOH, OH, OH, My hatred turns to violence

Beats:

All these years I've been the hard man
All these years it's been so hard man
To live my life for someone else
In fear of being honest with myself
I perpetrated a lie

Juggling my life with one hand
Tied behind my back, trying to find
And it had always been mine
I perpetrated a lie

I'm breaking through the darkness

And it knocked me over
Into the light of an older soul
And I'll never die
Cause everything I am is in your eyes

Devils in my eyes...
Devils in my eyes..

Well, you are a fool. And the music on V8 beats the crap on ATL by a country mile.

+1 :headbang::headbang::headbang:

the music on V8 beats the crap on ATL by a country mile.
that joke isn't even funny, i assume that's not your true opinion. that's like saying "the music on St. Anger and Load beats the crap on RTL, MOP & JUSTICE by a country mile". millions of people bought the crap called "Among The Living" and avoided the pure gold that is Vol.8. "Crush", "P&V", "Toast", "Killing Box", "Alpha Male", "Stealing From A Thief" are pure metal-classics, important songs in Metal-history:lol:, something that songs like "Among The Living", "Caught In A Mosh", "I Am The Law", "NFL" and "Indians" aren't.

Very few METAL bands (outside of Pantera) sold well in the 90s. FACT. Wow. Do you really think Joey would have made ANY difference? Seriously. Anthrax may have changed there sound (for the better) but if they did "THRASH" music, I doubt if it would have sold better....and Joey's caterwauling would have sold less than Bushthrax....TRUTH.

Think about it.:headbang:

Ahhh another Bushthrax fan that wants to make it sound like the only reason Anthrax fans didn't like Bushthrax was because of the vocals. If Joey was the vocalist on Vol.8, Stomp, and WCFYA those albums still would have sucked. I don't care who sang on those albums they were watered down pussy metal shit. If I wanted to listen to nu metal I'd put in a Disturbed CD, Slipknot, Korn or any of those other bands, I wouldn't reach for my Anthrax collection!

Joey is not why Anthrax was amazing prior to SOWN. He was part of it sure, but it is the music behind the vocals that made for a brilliant THRASH metal band. It just so happened that John Bush was asked to join the band when they decided to change their sound to a generic sounding hard rock / metal band. John Bush is a good singer, he was the least of the issues with Bushthrax's music

Fact is I didn't knew John Bush was in the band when I saw them live on teh SOWN tour. I was very surprised when I saw the "new" singer when they walked on stage. Granted I didn't own the album til after that show.

I knew he was in the band but only because they played Only on KNAC a bunch of times before the Anthrax show. I still bought the album because I was a huge fan of Anthrax. When I first heard Only I didn't even know it was "Anthrax". When I found out it was Anthrax I was really pissed off. I couldn't believe they pussed out. But hey what ever its just a broken record at this point. Looking forward to the new THRASH album!

Compare:

Sometimes I can't stop the shaking
At least I know I'm not dead
I don't remember whose blood this is
I've got a hammer inside my head
I get put up, I get put down
And I don't even try
I've burned a bridge, I've burned a whole town
'Cause I'm motherfucking fortified
I tell the truth or just a gilded lie
And then I charge like a bull with his balls tied

to this:

Acting out of pure cold hatred
'Cause of what another's race is
Color of another's face is
Different, and your own frustrations
Taking on a violent nature
Full of hate, so full of hate
You'd kill a man is that your fate
Your street becomes a police state
Why the hell do you hate?!

And before you all call me maidenboy's lover, I will say I love P&V and the first quarter of Vol. 8. I also love SoWN and Stomp (I don't like WCFYA and most of Vol. 8, but that's beside the point.) But it sounds to me like you intentionally picked the worst possible song (lyrics-wise) of the Joey years.

Compare:

Sometimes I can't stop the shaking
At least I know I'm not dead
I don't remember whose blood this is
I've got a hammer inside my head
I get put up, I get put down
And I don't even try
I've burned a bridge, I've burned a whole town
'Cause I'm motherfucking fortified
I tell the truth or just a gilded lie
And then I charge like a bull with his balls tied

to this:

Acting out of pure cold hatred
'Cause of what another's race is
Color of another's face is
Different, and your own frustrations
Taking on a violent nature
Full of hate, so full of hate
You'd kill a man is that your fate
Your street becomes a police state
Why the hell do you hate?!

And before you all call me maidenboy's lover, I will say I love P&V and the first quarter of Vol. 8. I also love SoWN and Stomp (I don't like WCFYA and most of Vol. 8, but that's beside the point.) But it sounds to me like you intentionally picked the worst possible song (lyrics-wise) of the Joey years.

Hi lover! :headbang: