Joey and John Bush's songs

Yes. It sure did. Building on the success of P.O.T.. After most Anthrax fans heard what the Bush-era Anthrax really sounded like they abandoned Anthrax like rats on a sinking ship.

Bottom line, Anthrax could have released an album with Yanni singing lead vocals and it would have sold well after the excellent P.O.T. album. That album was their high-water mark and fans would have bought anything by them after that, thinking it would be a continuation of the greatness that was P.O.T.. Unfortunately for both the fans and the band, Anthrax completely changed their sound and almost ruined their career in the process.

They finally have a real chance to redeem themselves. No need to ruin it by playing songs from an era most Anthrax fans would like to forget even existed.

How does maidenfan taste like?:lol:

Yes. It sure did. Building on the success of P.O.T.. After most Anthrax fans heard what the Bush-era Anthrax really sounded like they abandoned Anthrax like rats on a sinking ship.

Bottom line, Anthrax could have released an album with Yanni singing lead vocals and it would have sold well after the excellent P.O.T. album. That album was their high-water mark and fans would have bought anything by them after that, thinking it would be a continuation of the greatness that was P.O.T.. Unfortunately for both the fans and the band, Anthrax completely changed their sound and almost ruined their career in the process.

They finally have a real chance to redeem themselves. No need to ruin it by playing songs from an era most Anthrax fans would like to forget even existed.

Sounds like you've Maidenfans balls bouncing off your chin again.

Besides "Only" , "Room for One More" is the only Bush era song that would make sense. He'd probably sound eally good on "Black Lodge" too, but I hope they won't include that in set though it's a pretty good song, just doesn't fit in well with the older (and new) material.

You guys forget the fact Anthrax never really change their setlist. I mean, the setlist they are playing now is almost the same they were playing during the Bush era (well, there were one or two Bush era songs more) and BEFORE that. That's the thing I can't really understand why. Caught In A Mosh, then Got The Time, then Antisocial, Only, I Am The Law...and the playing time is basically over.

You guys forget the fact Anthrax never really change their setlist. I mean, the setlist they are playing now is almost the same they were playing during the Bush era (well, there were one or two Bush era songs more) and BEFORE that. That's the thing I can't really understand why. Caught In A Mosh, then Got The Time, then Antisocial, Only, I Am The Law...and the playing time is basically over.

Short rehersals = more poker.

the low-light called "Sound Of White Noise" brought them their best chart-position in the band's history.

Come on Thrashard you are smarter than this. The actual content on SOWN had nothing to do with them charting the highest. Most people back then didn't even know John Bush was the new singer. The only reason SOWN charted so high was from the build up from POT. Anthrax was huge at this time. Their momentum alone is what got people to go buy the CD in stores. They could have put out an album filled with fart sounds and it still would have charted that high. What you have to look at is how well received was the album once everyone bought it. ANthrax was playing 5-10k seaters upon the release of SOWN by the end of the touring cycle they were in clubs.

Most bands sell records based on how well people like their previous record and tours. We all know how well Stomp and Vol 8 did... almost put the band into extinction.

Come on Thrashard you are smarter than this. The actual content on SOWN had nothing to do with them charting the highest. Most people back then didn't even know John Bush was the new singer. The only reason SOWN charted so high was from the build up from POT. Anthrax was huge at this time. Their momentum alone is what got people to go buy the CD in stores. They could have put out an album filled with fart sounds and it still would have charted that high. What you have to look at is how well received was the album once everyone bought it. ANthrax was playing 5-10k seaters upon the release of SOWN by the end of the touring cycle they were in clubs.

Most bands sell records based on how well people like their previous record and tours. We all know how well Stomp and Vol 8 did... almost put the band into extinction.

Yeah, and everyone bought Back In Black cos they thought Bon was singing on it. :lol:

Yeah, and everyone bought Back In Black cos they thought Bon was singing on it. :lol:

Nobody bought either record because of the singer. They bought it because at the time both ACDC and AN\nthrax were very popular. The world knew that Bon was dead. Not many people knew Joey was not in the band anymore. (I did only because I heard Only on the radio before the release, but still bought the record to hear what the rest of the songs were like) The difference between Antrhrax and AC/DC is that Brian Johnson came in and helped create one of the best ACDC records, arguably one of the best albums of all time with Back in Black. The band didn't stray too far from their roots. They made a kick ass album with Back in Black. That album kept ACDC's momentum alive and actually helped them grow larger.

When Anthrax put out SOWN nobody knew what to expect but bought the album because of all the hype and popularity of the band at that time. (Same thing with Back In Black) Anthrax steadily went into decline every album after that all but killing their careers. This proved that the fans didn't care for the change and proved that trying to change your music to be more relevant to the current trends rarely ever works. Sure Bushtrhax had some die hard supporters. But those supporters could barely fill small clubs.

ACDC kept growing and putting out classic sounding ACDC albums and today could still sell out large arenas with no problem. If ACDC would have changed their music as drastically as Anthrax did they would have also gone into decline and nobody would give a shit about them other than their Bon Scott days. Just as the majority of Metal fans can give a shit about the John Bush era of Anthrax..

Most Anthrax fans were aware that John had replaced Joey for SOWN. The fans who were not aware probably thought Anthrax was a rap band.

Even I was aware of that...14 year old kid at the time living in the asshole of the world, only a few years after the fall of communism. I guess everybody must have been aware.

It's probably true some thought Anthrax was a rap band at the time. I knew of few!

Hahahaha.... yer funny mister.

Might be funny to you but that is the reason why. How can an album chart so high before anyone has ever heard it?

Pantera's far beyond driven charted at number 1. It had nothing to do with the music on the CD. It had to do with the success of the Vulgar Display of Power album and tour and all the hype that came with it. I love Far Beyond Driven, one of my favorite albums ever, but I didn't buy that album because I lived it. I never even heard it before I bought it. I just bought it because I was dying to hear a new Pantera album. Same reason why I bought SOWN. Never heard it before, went out and bought it just like thousands of other people. Gave it a few spins and put it down and was pissed off that ANthrax changed their sound.

Anthrax debuted high on SOWN then they fell off the charts not soon after.

Do you also think St. Anger debuted so high because people love the album? Or could it have just been because it is Metallica and people bought it blindly just to hear the music?