For the fans of more Extreme Metal... a question?

Ellestin said:
By the way I think the same of people who refuse to open themselves to anything beyond classical music.

I agree. There's a lot of great stuff out there, and it's spread across many genres. Well, four at least...

Crimson Velvet said:
I agree. There's a lot of great stuff out there, and it's spread across many genres. Well, four at least...

Black Metal
Death Metal
Doom Metal
Stoner Metal

I can go a full day on nothing but death metal, but it's usually followed by a day of Electric Light Orchestra, Pink Floyd, rap or something completely opposite.

I have phases where I will pull out extreme album after extreme album and love it. Other times it's just interspersed with everything else, like yesterday I was listening to Guns N Roses and Deep Purple and then wrapped it up with Burzum's debut.

I don't often make it through an entire extreme album in one sitting, even the ones I really like. I need some variety throughout an album, let alone throughout my daily listening routine. I'm talking about real extreme groups like Hate Eternal and Watchmaker, stuff like Morbid Angel and Meshuggah I can listen to all damn day because they have a lot of variety.
J. said:
Besides, most of the non-metal stuff listened to around here bores me to tears. All that post rock baloney. :yuk:

Though I do venture in the -cores, and enjoy a lot of those bands.
It's funny because I think groups like Neurosis and Isis sorta fit into the post-rock category. :tickled:

I always considered them post-hardcore, considering their roots and all. And what did Nate call them, Slocore?

i go through phases where i'll listen to a lot of brutal stuff, or a lot of mellower stuff, it depends on the mood i'm in...i was listening to a lot of camel, porcupine tree, mellower prog-type stuff for a while there but i've been listening to behemoth and demilich the past couple days