Album of the year . . . so far.

:lol: Yeah, headphones only stuff right there. And I wonder why I've been having bizarre dreams lately, what with Salman Rushdie and Glen Benton spinning in my head, haha.

It's just a phase. You'll grow out of it my son, and you'll find yourself singing along with Elton John eventually.

Hey - since you live in sunny CA, how are you determining when to start that experimental run with the black stuff? Is there much of a climate change?

The phases are all the time. 6 months ago it was all ambient and melodic death, right now it's brutal/sick/whatever death, in another 3 months I'll be back to Pink Floyd or something. I have been meaning to pick up some Elton John lately though...

Well, I'm about ready to break out my Danzig collection for October, I'm guessing around mid-November is when I'll start picking up black metal en masse.

Weather was only about 90 today, Fall is definitely upon us! :lol: It gets to high 50s / low 60s on the coldest winter days here, nights dip into the 30s on rare occasions, but not often. I go camping in the local mountains for my cold weather fix. :)

You have got to be kidding me.... surely, this is a joke...

GOATSBLOOD "Drull" Album of the year???? :lol: :puke: Nonsense.

They are like a bad rip off of EYEHATEGOD, but not even close. These days it seems like anything Steve Austin touches is considered "sacred," but aside from a few moments, this cd bored me to absolute fucking tears! :yell:

Give me Vital or Morbid any day... :Smug:

Papa Josh said:
You have got to be kidding me.... surely, this is a joke...

GOATSBLOOD "Drull" Album of the year???? :lol: :puke: Nonsense.

They are like a bad rip off of EYEHATEGOD, but not even close. These days it seems like anything Steve Austin touches is considered "sacred," but aside from a few moments, this cd bored me to absolute fucking tears! :yell:

Give me Vital or Morbid any day... :Smug:
I'm still waiting for the new Morbid Angel to get here, and I understand what you are saying about Goatsblood. However, I don't think they are a rip-off of Eyehategod. They both play a similar style, but they are quite different to anybody willing to really give them a listen. Anyway, I don't think it will end up being album of the year, but we'll have to see about that. That's cool that you got the CD, though. Maybe you'll get Watchmaker as well. They are quite different, but they are also on Willowtip.

Goatsblood are hardly a rip-off of Eyehategod. Sure, there are similarities, just like Benton sounds like any derivative death metal vocalist.

I'm not sure you'll like Rune, Jay.

I wouldn't call Rune "epic". They are a mix of death-y grind and a little bit of doom-y atmosphere thrown in. The vocals took a while for me to get used to, but they really work.

i've just downloaded most of the new falkenbach. to keep it short: what i've heard is album of the year material. easily.
and usually i don't like it when bands re-record tracks, but this acoustic version of "into the ardent awaited land" is godly.

good to hear. I hope there are a few more black metal parts present on the new one. THe previous release hardly had any.

that's exactly what's missing :D at least on the songs i've heard. the emphasis is clearly on the acoustic/folky elements and the sound is a lot less raw - but it's done well and the compositions definitely profit from that, so for me it's not a bad thing. magni blandinn also didn't have many BM parts, but the folk elements weren't that prominent either (no acoustic guitars). this time around, there seems to be more variation, rhytmically and intrumentally. so, probably no songs like winternight or galdralag, but as long as the quality is on the same level...