Album of the year . . . so far.

I just cannot wait for this. There are so many elements to a Falkenbach song, regardless of BM elements, I think we'll be drowning in his songwriting.

I really need an album to define 2003.

NAD said:
Did you listen to that King Crimson CD yet? :D
No - last night I listened to a little Antimatter. I went to their forum today - that's got to be one of the funniest forums on UM.

Erik said:
If you're feeling adventurous, do try Skepticism's "Farmakon."
'adventurous' eh? Are you going to review it? How does it differ to Lead and Aether (if at all)?

I notice you're listening to The Almighty - the same British band from the late 80's? I saw them live twice - loudest band I have ever seen in my life.

JayKeeley said:
'adventurous' eh? Are you going to review it? How does it differ to Lead and Aether (if at all)?
It's at times the closest Skepticism will ever get to being "catchy," while at times it is darker than ever... Everything's more polished, songwriting-wise as well as production-wise. It's one of my top 3 favourites of 2003.
JayKeeley said:
I notice you're listening to The Almighty - the same British band from the late 80's?
Yes, although that particular album ("Powertrippin'") is from '93...

JayKeeley said:
No - last night I listened to a little Antimatter. I went to their forum today - that's got to be one of the funniest forums on UM.
Goofy lot they be. One time they had a survey "How many posts will it take for this thread to go off topic?"

Maybe they're having a dekkos at the tits on that bird from swilly? Aye, that's the badger!

The new UNMOORED cd Indefinite Soul-Extension(just got the promo from code666) is a fucking masterpiece. I never heard these guys, but this disc is freaking brilliant.

I cannot describe the intensity of this band without making stupid comparisons, so I won't. I hear everything from Edge of Sanity, At the Gates, Nocturnus, Burzum, Morbid Angel.

Christian, the singer has the most versatile voice (natural sounding) that I have heard in a long time.

The best part is that while the music is complex it hits you instantly and is memorable ... it just makes me want to put it in the player over and over.

There is NOT one filler track on this disc, but the last track, FINAL STATE PART III (a ballad nonetheless) is worth the price of the disc alone.

Anyone else remember this album??? Fucking solid, totally forgot about it.

Code666 f-ing OWNED for a while there

LOL .... wtf? this was 5 years ago? ... does life on RC go by much faster than offline?

and that UNMOORED disc, great as it is, I don't think I spun it since I wrote the above :loco:

Do you know how long it's been since I jewsended? :lol:

Srsly, who DOESNT have iTunes??? or some equivalent thereof

LOL .... wtf? this was 5 years ago? ... does life on RC go by much faster than offline?

Hah, gotta agree there. Nothing to add other than that really! I'll try to get around to the '08 albums when top lists start appearing so I don't have to wade through the crap to get the golden nuggets.