the goatsblood review at metal-rules (dreamlord, npearce, NAD, don't read this!)

I agree with the points being made in this thread: I attempt to diversify my interests as much as possible and respect that quality in others, and while it is best to write about what you know and appreciate, slagging off can be undeniably fun (that said, I only enjoy reading negative reviews if they're creatively and/or humorously written.)

Papa Josh said:
Atrox.... what did I ever do to you? Music good, chick's vocals.... I'm at a loss for words, so I'll just say not so good.

It's my own fault, in my weed induced stupor I had forgotten that I had previously heard this group when they were still signed to Season Of Mist.

Absolutely dreadful.

yeah that chick sounds terrible! she shouldn't be allowed in a 10 miles range to a microphone ever again

I was just kidding. I AM the Atrox chick; the blond one in this picture:
atroxfunny.jpg

monikaedv said:
Yeah we know - although I've seen better pictures of you I must admit. Some of us were clever enough to check out your UM profile, heh. Although this sounds like I'm kissing ass after the recent fun we had at your expense, I actually quite liked the latest Atrox album (and the artwork is cool too), if that's of any consequence.

If you read my Madder Mortem review, my money would be on you kicking that chick's ass.

Is your sister still singing for 3rd and Mortal?

After leaving The Third And The Mortal some years ago, Monika´s sister started a career as an opera singer. However, she also appears on some songs of the eponymously titled debut album by Tactile Gemma, released in 2001.

monikaedv said:
atroxfunny.jpg

My dad's still stronger than yours. I'm thinking of making some rather rude proposals but those always give me 34593786458 pages of 'ugh you are teh disgusting', so I won't.

BACK ON TOPIC:

I just discovered that this review on Goatsblood at Metal Rules was written by a "Metal George". Obviously I cannot guarantee that it's the same guy, but I had a "Metal George" desperate to write for Royal Carnage a couple of months back. Wonder if it's the same guy? :tickled:

@NAD - you should check out his other reviews at Metal Rules. He's reviewed about 5 albums that you also reviewed for RC - quite interesting. It's like he's your evil twin. :loco:

Aardvark.jpg

Quack.

Hmm... I seem to remember the family locking my evil twin in the attic and feeding him fish heads...

Their reviews:
Manes - Vilosophe 1/5.
Called worse than St. Anger. :mad:

Nightrage - Sweet Vengeance 5/5 :lol:
"This is the perfect soundtrack for the summer for you and your friends to listen to and to drink some beer."
There is a lot of good beer drinking metal out there, but predictable acoustic interludes and rehashed Maidenesque riffs don't make me think BEER.
Ali, you would HATE this album. It is a total retread of melodic death.

Oh well, at least they liked Aborted.