For the In flames shows

Dark idea

Jul 7, 2003
Quebec
Visit site
I don't know about you but I don't waste money on if shows anymore. Did you see the list of songs!!! So much songs of r2r ( that is the only terrible album ) and almost no songs of the other great albums!! Any song from lunar strain... yes one! Behind space. But wtf! start off a show with cloud connected is the worst thing you can ever do! Anyway... I say if don't deserve playing in front of people! They selled out big time!

Thank you for sharing! I think I will go and see them though, because I like their stuff. But I do agree with you - if you don't like their music then don't go. But they are playing a fair amount of older material on the current tour. Behind Space, yes. Also Clad In Shadows, Moonshield, Episode 666, Gyroscope. That's not bad considering that the latest of those songs, from Whoracle, came out 6 years ago. If you wanted to see the old songs only, you should have gone back then. In 2003 they have newer albums that they want to play. They've done the old ones plenty of times before. That's why they're "old".

Cloud Connected is a good opener, although they did play too many songs from RTR, they did play 19, and only 8 were from RTR, so we got a nice set... Clad In Shadows, Behind Space, Moonshield, Episode 666, Gyroscope, Coerced Coexistance, Colony, Bullet Ride, Pinball Map, Only For the Weak, and Clayman. They even put on a good show with the RTR songs. It wasn't a waste of money for me.

Steve

Heh, I'd be grateful if they ever came here. So no matter what they'd play, it would be good enough.

R2R really isn't all that bad though.

About two weeks ago I would have agreed with you, but to be honest, I was very impressed by the last show. I agree that Cloud Connected makes an excellent opener. And while I'm not a huge fan of R2R either (it's not bad, but definitely my least favorite), I think that the songs from it sound much better live. Furthermore, I think they played as much old material as could really be expected. I guess with a 19-song set list, there's always room for material not from the newest album. Although it wouldn't hurt to play December Flower once in a while...

I saw them in Minnesota and I thought they were good... I don't think they played 19 songs here tho... I thought I conted 10 or 11, and about 5 I think were from R2R. The thing that pissed me off is that the sound was messed up. They had way too much bass, so you couldn't here the vocals or guitar.

Northern Silence said:
The thing that pissed me off is that the sound was messed up. They had way too much bass, so you couldn't here the vocals or guitar.

That ALWAYS happens. It kills me. I must say that the sound at the Cleveland show was much better than usual, though. On the first song, the melodies were actually perfectly clear, but the vocals were too low. They adjusted it for the rest of the songs, and the vocals sounded better, but the bass went up a little too high. Can't complain though, I had tons of fun.

i saw the show at montreal city, june 27.. that show was fuckin awesome.. cloud connected is a good song to open the show, but yea.. too much song of r2r.. but nevermind, i love this album too!

They don't play Metaphor or Dismiss the Cynics, and tose are better than System, Minus, etc. They should play those two, CC, RTR, and Trigger.

steve

stefan86 said:
I dont think anything can save IF now no matter what songs they play.
They're originality and energy is completely gone anyways.

:guh:

i hate to disagree but i'm going to disagree.

you are soooo wrong.

i'm sorry. *shrugs*

They should play Artifacts, since Jesper and Bjorn write it. They wrote Wayfaerer together too, and Jesper wrote Moonshield alojne, so those are the only TJR songs not written involving departed members (Johan and Glenn)

Steve420 said:
They don't play Metaphor or Dismiss the Cynics, and tose are better than System, Minus, etc.

I'm not a HUGE fan of System (starts off great, but then goes ...wrong), but Minus is definitely my favourite song on the album. I'd have thought that most people on here would like it the most actually, given its obvious throwback to Stand Ablaze. But anyway, it would be cool to hear Dismiss The Cynics, and also Dark Signs. I really like Metaphor, but don't think it's a live song....