For those who migrated here from Everdying...

Cool, I could always use another forum to complain about how In Flames don't sound like they used to. :D

The way Everdying closed, considering the community was so strong there, was a bit of a disgrace and showed a little contempt for all of the users that made it a community in the first place. It had a good mix of people who liked, disliked and weren't sure about In Flames new and old stuff, and I always thought the topics and comments were pretty respectful and intelligent.

The way Everdying closed, considering the community was so strong there, was a bit of a disgrace and showed a little contempt for all of the users that made it a community in the first place. It had a good mix of people who liked, disliked and weren't sure about In Flames new and old stuff, and I always thought the topics and comments were pretty respectful and intelligent.

So your memory is a bit too short or you have skip too many thread... It wasn't "a bit of a disgrace" to see some guy behave like asshole in there ?
The page is turn, now you have many other possibilities, regsiter jeasterhead.com is one of the best if you really like the band and just don't want to bash all the time.

I was sorry to see Everydying close, it was a good forum.

I always thought the topics and comments were pretty respectful and intelligent.

Same. But it was Archy's decision, and now it has gone we must move on.

I registered on "neverdyers", but will probably move to Jesterhead.com... or just stay here.
For me, it depends how many members you can get, Sundance. Good luck with Neverdyers, and thank you for setting it up. :)

Edit: Sundance then. Cheers. :)

So your memory is a bit too short or you have skip too many thread... It wasn't "a bit of a disgrace" to see some guy behave like asshole in there ?
The page is turn, now you have many other possibilities, regsiter jeasterhead.com is one of the best if you really like the band and just don't want to bash all the time.

So one guy acting like an asshole means that you punish all of the users? Couldn't you have just banned him? I'm well aware that the suits at NB can kick your ass for illegal posts but it still seems harsh. Most of the members are Everdying were respectful In Flames fans, and considering I'd been a member there since 2004 or so, I'm not saying that lightly or without knowledge. I can't speak for ALL of them but these boards are far worse for bashing In Flames than Everdying ever was. I do think the way you washed your hands of Everdying like it meant nothing was bad, Archy, especially as a lot of people respected you (and still do) for the way you ran the board and created such a fantastic community. Still, yes, it was your decision and I have moved on, it was just a bit of a kick in the teeth at first and I think it would have been nicer to give the members more of a warning instead of having the forum on pause for weeks with the whole "go buy a sense of purpose in april" message and then just die. It could have been handled better.

You must have become really disillusioned to feel this way about Everdying now, it's kind of sad. I could join Jesterhead, but I get the feeling it's the type of community that revels in a mixture of elitism because they've paid money to be a part of the site and features a lot of 'nicer' comments and a severe crackdown on any criticism. I may be completely wrong, because I have not been there, but that's the main reason I'm not joining, and would rather reregister at neverdyers, as I have done. I may join Jesterhead at a later date but damn, a lot of my money has gone to In Flames over the past few years and I reserve the right to take my time before I decide to join.

For me, it depends how many members you can get, DE. Good luck with Neverdyers, and thank you for setting it up.

I didn't set it up, Sundance did, thank him.

Agreed 110%.

I really got pissed off when Everdying was shut down. I wonder if it was worth it for Archy to give up Everdying after 9 fucking yeats just to get a bit closer to the band. They think that they're rockstars now and I doubt that Archy will get the recognition he wants anyway.

No idea... far be it for me to judge Archy or In Flames, whatever, the closing down of the board could have been handled a lot better, and whilst people will say 'it's just a message board, don't be gay' ... fuck it, Everdying was a community where you had intelligent In Flames fans, rather than new fans whose arch nemesis is grammar or old schoolers who can't praise the band for anything and contribute nothing but negativity. From reading Plintus review of Jesterhead I don't think it's worth my time... apparently there are few everdyers on there anyway =/ think I'd rather stick around here, or join the new forums when they come about.

ok, so we speak the truth :

Everdying is finish and I was pissed off, I've create this community there is 9 fuckin years, and yes I had to close it because I knew links leading to the leak album would have been post over there... A very big part of my life come from this forum, to take the decision to close it wasn't very easy.
In another hand, I have register Jesterhead.com because In Flames is my favorite band, and this is not something new. With out without everdying, I would have register anyway.

Of course I have think about everdyer of the first years, of course taking this decision was pain in the ass because this was like my home in there, but the more time was going the less I felt good in there.

I was choose to be Moderator on the fan site, I'm very glad and honnoured about it. This is a great fan site, a lot of stuff and even more every week.
If I wanted to be so close to the band I could have use many other way than this one, I don't want to be a best friend or whatever to In Flames, I'm one of their fan, I like what they do and I support them, this is my way to help to raise In Flames to another level.

I again want to thanks all the everdyers, I really appreciate most of you, I know you will find your way to another In Flames community, Jesterhead.com or another one. You can check everdying.com I will pull link to all In Flames Forums I know (I think almost 15....)

Finally I just hope some of you will understand...

whatever what's happen, Keep the Flame Burning ! :headbang:

ArchY

No idea... far be it for me to judge Archy or In Flames, whatever, the closing down of the board could have been handled a lot better, and whilst people will say 'it's just a message board, don't be gay' ... fuck it, Everdying was a community where you had intelligent In Flames fans, rather than new fans whose arch nemesis is grammar or old schoolers who can't praise the band for anything and contribute nothing but negativity. From reading Plintus review of Jesterhead I don't think it's worth my time... apparently there are few everdyers on there anyway =/ think I'd rather stick around here, or join the new forums when they come about.
I have send an email to everyone... (maybe your email address was not valid...)

I know you sent the e-mail and yeah I did receive it, but it was still like an 'oh, wait, what?' ... but yeah, it's your community man and if that's how you felt then OK, it's a shame things ended that way! It just came across as... almost like you wanted to wash your hands of it, and didn't care about the members, you know? And the e-mail was just a formality to save face. But you're here defending yourself so fair enough, I'm not going to hold a grudge or anything, and I wish you the best for whatever you choose to do, thanks for giving us Everdying for those 9 years anyway, because whether you think so or not it was appreciated.

I guess, closing ED was a necessary decision, but JH is NOT the ultimate site. Not near Everdying even in ED's bad days. Worse than IFZ. Well, that was my experience (I mean community, NOT the content, which was somewhat cool).

And too bad they banned me from Jesterhead. But I'm rather honored by THAT (recognition, one more time, finally! :D), than being labeled "official fan" and tolerating 99% of stupid fucks on there.

Now, lookey here:

www.jesterass.com

Oh, noes :p

p.s. Oh yeah, I so fucking did that :D

now your not there there is a lot less of stupid fuck as you say, you are dumb as your finger toe.. You have just stab yourself in the back...

Well, if you say so :lol:

You know what they did wrong? Their decision, but they could just disable my posting anywhere on the site and forum, but I still had right to receive news AS I FUCKING PAID FOR IT.

Also, I was never explained why my account was disabled, no e-mail, nothing. Don't you think that for $29.95 I should have an notice about what rules I broke and thus I'm banished? Would be nice.

It was clear about the forum - LordHypnos gave sent me a PM, so I knew it was coming at least. But being so ignorant about banning me - without notice - that was really, really low.

You made me thinking - may be I should have my lawyer to look into that. They threaten with oh so mighty Nuclear Blast lawyers when you have a link to another resource on your site, but do they know some have their own attorneys? I don't need fucking money back, I can do that just for the fun of it - sue the fuck out of JH.com or just bring some legal heat to their door, oh, baby, I'm so cool :cool: And I'm so bored...

Please mention - it's not about the band or music, this is about that official fansite.

you were kick from there because insulting people and judge on the way they look is even more low. You have deserve what has happen.

Of course I deserved that, even though there were no personal attacks (for a rather long time)... and that guy in the tie looked ridiculous, I stand by that.

My behavior wasn't going to stay that way, but, quick enough, I got to know how little tolerance there was for anything different on there, another proof that majority of "official fans" don't know such words as "sarcasm" and "irony" and need to be protected from anyone who tries anything like that (well, they pay MONEY for it, right?)

Oh, and how about Neil giving me shit for posting links on JH to samples on Play.com? There was absolutely NOTHING said about links to samples, EVER, and I'm aware enough of copyrighted materials leaking online, aware enough not to spread word about it on official In Flames resource (or anywhere else, actually). Well, little their NB lawyers did when the same link appeared on Gigantour.com WEEK BEFORE ASOP release, which was allegedly very strongly undesired by the band. Play.com had links at all times as well, btw.

That's called "double standards" - trying to get to someone from the crowd and leaving someone else alone just avoiding any conflict or whatever. I wonder what would happen if I posted link to GT website saying it has link to new samples? Oh, lemme guess... ban, of course!