Forgotten Demos, Rumors, Etc.

BefriendedUnit

They wear white for me
Sep 10, 2006
San Diego
According to Wikipedia and several different sources, there was an Opeth demo released in 1993 called "The Apostle in Triumph" which had two parts of the title song, about 4 minutes total.

There are also supposedly some unreleased songs by Sörskogen: Stupet (The Steep Stone), Den första Maj (The First of May) and Byan. This doesn't seem to have any basis in fact, though.

Does anyone know about these demos or unreleased songs? Any more we don't know about? Have a copy?

I have a copy of that demo, got it off soulseek of course. I also recently found a Rehersal tape of "Forest of October" "Eternal Soul Torture" and and unknown track. That one is really cool too.

I have recordings of Opeth's secret "I hate Hip-Hop" sessions, signed by the band, back when Mikael wasn't on vocals. Also I have a secret recording of TGC that actually is good...lol

edit: joking

Ahhh, this is torture. I MUST hear all of these! Anyone willing to upload anything?

If you download soulseek you can find one song from Sorskogen. I think that if you go to the Steel page on wikipedia you can find a direct download link to their little 4 song EP.