Forum Meeting

i'm still thinking about it. i checked plane tickets and the only decent price is easyjet at 150 (if i book now, it was 100 a couple weeks ago). it's expensive, but still better than the 400 other airlines want. plus the only option seems to be arriving thursday late evening, the friday plane arrives late evening as well so i'd miss the show. my main problem would be the thursday night.
so hyena, how many nights do you plan to stay in that hotel?

@matse: seriously, even if you're not a frail flower of a girl, please think twice about sleeping in Milano Centrale to catch your 7am train on Sunday. it is fucking dangerous. just the other day, a man was killed in the area due to a row over two stolen packs of biscuits. leave the whole idea alone.

I just killed a mosquito five seconds ago. I guess that says it all.

I am planning on sleeping in the train which goes, after changing trains in Munich, for more than seven hours. Not sure what I will do exactly in the first night, but I hope that someone will stay for the Saturday/Sunday night so we could go somewhere in Milan. Maybe I will get a hotel for the first night as well. Thank you for the warning though, I thought northern Italy was safer (although German train stations are not really a place to spend the night at either).

Niklas also said that "we still want to do some kind of special offer for people travelling from abroad." (e-mail, Monday).

Niklas also said that "we still want to do some kind of special offer for people travelling from abroad." (e-mail, Monday).

i would like to know what this special offer is pretty soon, so that i can check out if i can make it or not.
Presently, i think i wont be able to come, mostly because the hotel isnt really cheap(the cheap ryanair flight is on friday (outward journey (?) -Hinfahrt in German) and the return journey on saturday.

I looked the prices in the nearby Best Western Hotels, apparently there are a few, i dont know which one would be the best, bu tthe one that is closer to the venue ist cheap. The best price i found was 100 euro.

I thought northern Italy was safer (although German train stations are not really a place to spend the night at either).

In general, yes, but there are terrible spots here and there. If you were to spend the night on the street anywhere, say, in the Brera district in Milan (student area) no harm would come to you except hypothermia. On the other hand, the station is really dodgy. You would probably have less of a chance of being killed compared to the guy I mentioned, because he was black and you are not, but still I wouldn't risk it.

@Siren: Friday night only for me.

My current plan looks like this:

I shall fly from Helsinki to Milano on Friday the 31st via Finnair. I'll arrive at the Malpensa Airport at 10.05am (local time, I think). From there I'll try to get myself somehow to the hotel, after which I should have plenty of time to meet people before the night.

I plan on staying two nights in the hotel, that is until Sunday morning, when I leave back to Finland. My return flight leaves at 10.55am from Malpensa, so I'm probably going to need some instructions on how to get there in time.

I haven't yet made any reservations, so there's still room for small changes. It seems Matse and I have slightly conflicting plans for at least the Saturday-Sunday night, but I'm still open for suggestions.

Any thoughts on this; is there anything I failed to take into account?

-Villain

I would have suggested that we went out to a bar or something similar Saturday evening and stayed around town for the night together. Since I have a train which leaves decently early in the morning in which I can sleep I would probably stay up all until that if someone else accompanies me.

I would have suggested that we went out to a bar or something similar Saturday evening and stayed around town for the night together. Since I have a train which leaves decently early in the morning in which I can sleep I would probably stay up all until that if someone else accompanies me.

Ten years ago I would've gladly joined you, but nowadays my old bones really need a bed under them each night. I don't know if it's economical to book a two-bed hotel-room for two nights if I'm the only one who sleeps there the second night, but if that is cheaper than having a single room for a total of three nights (one for you, two for me), then I suggest we do so anyway.

-Villain

Ten years ago I would've gladly joined you, but nowadays my old bones really need a bed under them each night.
Hah, i was going to comment on what he said in regards to his age, but you beat me to it.

Hah, i was going to comment on what he said in regards to his age, but you beat me to it.

Ha, for some reason I'm having this image of Grandpa Simpson and the other elderly folk from the old people's home in Springfield rushing to their keyboards, desperately trying to beat each other on who's the fastest to straighten out these pampered youth of today and correct their false assumptions of the world. :p

Oh, by the way, could someone change the thread-title so that it shows the date and place of the meeting now? Would make it easier to find the thread. :eek: (I admit, I was looking for a thread with "Milan" or "October" on it and just couldn't find this one - will you please think of us old, demented ones?)

-Villain

I booked plane tickets. I fly in and out of Malpensa, arriving Thursday night and leaving Sunday morning (Villain, if you're willing to go to the airport earlier and do some special favours, we might be able to arrange something).
I'm not sure where i'll be staying, but i'm pretty sure Thursday night is a hotel. Will try to arrange something else for the other nights, if that fails god bless hotels.

edit: whoever wants phone number should contact me privately.

A big "Yay" on that.

darktranquillity.com said:
Rock Voyager offers fan package trip to Milan show - October 1, 2008

As previously announced, Rock Voyager are arranging special fan package trips to the Berlin, Stuttgart and Cologne shows of the tour. They've now added a voyage to the DVD recording in Milan, so check the details out here:

www.rock-voyager.com/voyage_detail.aspx?id_voyage=33

Just thought I should comment on that. This offer contains the concert ticket, a room in a hotel (which seems to be a little bit nicer than the Best Western, but not by much) for the concert night and a meet & greet with the band (which probably won't be that great considering that a ton of people can book it). It does NOT contain any trips. Price is supposedly 120€+. I signed on the page and in the end I would have had to pay for a single person 150€.

I think I'll pass on the Rock Voyager's offer, as I'm planning to stay for two nights instead of only one, but hopefully this will tempt some fence-sitting forum-members to participate.

Villain, if you're willing to go to the airport earlier and do some special favours, we might be able to arrange something.

Certainly. I'll send you my phone number via PM.

-Villain

I just booked plane tickets. I will be arriving on Thursday afternoon and leaving on Saturday. That is if i get a visa.
Since one of the requirements for the visa is hotel reservations i will have to book a hotel for two nights. I was thinking Best Western but i'm not sure which Best Western because if i'm not mistaken there is more than one Best Western in Milan.Does anyone know which one is the closest to the venue? Also i will be coming alone, so i'm pretty much up for any form of socializing with anyone who will attend the show :)

edit:

Ok so i checked this thread and i looked at the Best Western hotel that Hyena recommended. 190e for two nights is too much for me especially since a two bed room in the same hotel for two nights is 195e. It would be great if someone would like to share a room, if not i will have to find another place to stay and i would have to find it today because i must apply for a visa and i need the hotel reservations in order to do so.

My current plan (actually it is not just a plan anymore since everything is booked):
Arrival at Milano Centrale on Thursday, October 30th, 20:45 by train (sleeping in the train)
Spend the night doing something I do not know yet (Does anyone here (this questions especially goes to Rahvin, Hyena, Nt3n and the other Italians here) know a good club where they play either some house, electronic whatever or if not some rock? Preferrably in the area around the train station.)
I have booked the Best Western Hotel Major http://www.bestwestern.it/BW/EN/98144_hotel_Milan for Friday/Saturday and Saturday/Sunday with Villain.
I will leave by train on Sunday, November 2nd, 7:05

I just found out that I GOT THE VISA :D FUCK YEAAAH!
So that means that i'm coming to the concert and i have never been happier in my life (almost) :D
I'm looking forward to meeting all of you who will attend.

I just found out that I GOT THE VISA :D FUCK YEAAAH!
So that means that i'm coming to the concert and i have never been happier in my life (almost) :D
I'm looking forward to meeting all of you who will attend.

Great!

So who all are coming now?

It seems the following have confirmed:
Villain
Matse
Siren
rahvin
hyena
Cuthalion

How about the rest of you?

As mentioned before, I shall land on Malpensa before noon on Friday and leave on Sunday morning; I'll sleep the two nights at Best Western hotel with Matse :)p). I suck at using public transportation, so all help in that department is greatly appreciated.

Rahvin, do you still have your same old mobile-number? If not, please send your current one to me. Mine is the same as always.

I should have plenty of time on my hands from now on, so if there's something that needs to be arranged before we get to Milan, I can try my best.

-Villain

I thought that more people will come.
I will arriving on Thursday afternoon and i will be sleeping in some shitty Fashion Hostel. I'm leaving at noon on Saturday.

One thing that is annoying me is that i can't seem to buy a concert ticket. I've been trying for two days and it keeps telling me that there has been an error with my order and that i should try again later. I triple checked my credit card and im sure that i have enough money on it, i don't understand. Is there some other way of buying tickets for the show or do i have to buy them through ticketone.it ?

I doubt any of us north american forum members can afford a trip overseas. Kinda sucks though so I'll probably start saving up for an upcoming possible 2nd meeting.

Next time, Gadget!

Okay, maybe not exactly in the middle, but since no one here is from European Russia or anywhere that far east it is good enough.

For what reason do you start picking apart the first post now, anyways?