Forum Meeting

Does somebody know a good place to order tickets for Milan from Germany?

Forum Meeting plan proposal:

Meet at the concert (of course some will meet earlier, but we will put an official meeting point there)
watch the concert (uh-duh)
have spontaneous plans after the concert
spend the night in a hotel (Best Western will be official forum meeting hotel, everyone who wants to stay there, post here or PM me and I will put up a list in this thread, so we can arrange 2-bed-rooms if wanted since they are cheaper and having a roommate is never that bad (at least if the roommate is a member of this forum))
Meet again the next morning/day and spend some time in Milan with maybe going out somewhere in the evening
end (of course everyone can still stay together or leave earlier, just to have a somewhat official end with which people can calculate when they should/could/would leave)

Feel free to post any ideas for changes

hyena ... not really. the RICERCA box is fake - it's an ad for a dating site.
rather, click on "English" in the upper right corner, click on "Music", proceed as reasonable.

That's strange when I typed Dark Tranquillity in the RICERCA box
got this ...

Risultato della ricerca:
Trovati: 6
NEWS PRODOTTO
Dark Tranquillity Dark Tranquillity
31/10 19:00 Milano - Rolling Stone Biglietti
01/11 20:30 Bologna - Estragon Biglietti
Estragon Dark Tranquillity
01/11 20:30 Bologna - Estragon Biglietti
02/11 19:00 Roma - Alpheus Biglietti
04/11 21:30 Roncade - New Age Club Biglietti
New Age Club Dark Tranquillity
04/11 21:30 Roncade - New Age Club Biglietti
Record Trovati 6 | Pagina 1 di 1

We could be together...

...forever
:err:

That is the most beautiful thing anyone has ever said to me. For your everlasting presence I would do anything.

There are sometimes two Ricerca boxes when that dating ad is displayed. Sometimes there is a different ad.
Thank you Hyena for the hint at the English button, I was too blind to see it and it helps a lot. My Italian is limited to "mixed salad", "small/big penis" "one, two, three, four", "hello", "goodbye", "thanks" and "fruits of the sea".

edit: they charge 19,49€ for delivery to Germany!!!???!?! A ticket fits in a letter and even if they put an insurance on it, it should cost them less than 5€.

well - maybe some of us italians can pick the tickets up and distribute them at the airport or something (don't look at me, i'm not yet sure that i will be coming).

and i want a mixed salad with big penis, please.

Okay, I can now say that, barring divine intervention :)p), I can make it to the meeting and the show in Milan. I'll try to book the plane-tickets later this week, but I'm not going to make any hotel-reservations yet - I'm willing to share a 2-bed room with anyone else from this forum. In case you don't know me, I'm generally considered quite an easy person to get along with, so unless you are a religious fanatic, I'm sure we'll do fine. In the past couple of years, I've slept in the same room/tent with violent drug-addicts, rapists, child-abusers, neo-nazis and other mentally ill people without much trouble - I'm sure you can't be any worse.

Oh, and I'm going to wear the name-tag. :p

-Villain

That's great, Villain! Looking forward to seeing you again.

For what it's worth, as someone who's met this person of interest before, I can testify he's an upstanding member of the community (this community, any community) and quite fun to spend time with, so share a room with the guy without the slightest fear of waking up with fewer limbs than you went to bed with!

Looking forward to see you too, Rahvin!

how about kidneys?

Nah, never liked the taste of kidneys that much. Liver, on the other hand...

On a related note, did I mention that I've also once met a guy whose father supposedly ate parts of himself in delirium (the guy told me it was just an over-exaggerated urban legend, though). :ill: Never slept in the same room with either of them, however.

-Villain

@Villain: it's off topic, but how/why did you end up sleeping in the same room with those people?

Btw the name tag is the most kvlt thing ever.

@Villain: it's off topic, but how/why did you end up sleeping in the same room with those people?

I worked with them (young criminals), as you might remember. A large part of our work was taking them "camping" far away from the city (up to Norwegian Lappland) to give them some space and time to think about their lives and to get to know them beneath their street-image. Once we sat down with them around a campfire for a couple of days, most of them turned out to be not so bad people (although I admit a few of them were quite twisted); the way I wrote their descriptions above was intentional - if you just label people by the single worst thing they've done in their lives (and which they often deeply regret), they certainly seem more evil than what they really are.

Just for example, one of them was an 18-year old boy, yet in many ways closer to the level of a 13-year old in terms of mental age. He had concensual sex with a 15-year old girl (which is illegal in Finland). He was judged guilty for sexually abusing a child - a label he will carry for the rest of his life.

Btw the name tag is the most kvlt thing ever.

Oh, yes, it is! :heh:

-Villain

@Villain: Ah, i see. And yes, i knew you were working with youth (thanks for the details of it). In many ways it won't be very different from the forum meeting. You will get to go "camping" with a bunch of twisted people, who you will attempt to know beneath their internet-image. And you will even sleep in the same room with one of them. :p

Okay, I can now say that, barring divine intervention :)p), I can make it to the meeting and the show in Milan. I'll try to book the plane-tickets later this week, but I'm not going to make any hotel-reservations yet - I'm willing to share a 2-bed room with anyone else from this forum. In case you don't know me, I'm generally considered quite an easy person to get along with, so unless you are a religious fanatic, I'm sure we'll do fine. In the past couple of years, I've slept in the same room/tent with violent drug-addicts, rapists, child-abusers, neo-nazis and other mentally ill people without much trouble - I'm sure you can't be any worse.

Oh, and I'm going to wear the name-tag. :p

-Villain

I surely wouldn't mind sharing a room with you. I am not going to book a hotel just yet either. My father spends his days with mentally-ill criminals (rapists, murderers, thiefs etc., adults though, he is a psychiatrist in the part of a hospital for mentally-ill people where the criminals are) and I have lived in a house with him my whole life so you should not be a problem for me.

Of course we are all going to wear nametags (at least those who don't have a picture of themselves as their avatar).

I am also tempted to say that everyone should wear white. It would not be a problem for me since I have plenty of white clothes. Now that DT have white bandshirts it should not be that hard though.

edit: Traintickets are bought:
I will arrive by train at Milano Centrale on Thursday, October 30th, 20:45 and will leave by train on Sunday, November 2nd, 7:05. The only night I will probably get a room is the Friday/Saturday night.

public service announcement:

as the state of Alitalia at the moment is pretty uncertain (the company is almost bankrupt and in hectic talks with the government), don't book Alitalia tickets.

there is a chance of cancellation that does not go beyond, say, 10% for such a distant date, but better safe than sorry. i've had a couple of friends with their flights cancelled these days and it's a bit of a drag as you don't get the money back.

i also confirm that i'm coming, so siren, if you want to share a room i'm game.

@matse: seriously, even if you're not a frail flower of a girl, please think twice about sleeping in Milano Centrale to catch your 7am train on Sunday. it is fucking dangerous. just the other day, a man was killed in the area due to a row over two stolen packs of biscuits. leave the whole idea alone.