Forum Meeting

I was wearing a white collared shirt and blue jeans to the gig. I would not call that a suit.

Lots of German jokes itt. I remember when Taliesin and Fireangel tore me a new one just for posting a picture of a bratwurst. Clearly the connection among EU members has improved 200% since then.
DT FORUM: CHANGE WE CAN BELIEVE IN.

I would like to add that I spent a night in Milan with two hours of sleep and dancing until 3 a.m before anyone else arrived.

Well, when you're a bit older you'll be wise enough not to dance until 3am. :p

But being reminded of Matse's white collar shirt right now when I'm trying my suit on (for an occasion tonight, I'm not wearing it usually, you know), I just started thinking that wouldn't it be damn cool if we all wore suits next time - in the front row! :headbang:

Okay, well, yeah, perhaps it'd be just stupid. :eek:

But at least lost sheep like Nt3n wouldn't have such a hard time finding us.

And to explain it to Rahvin: Germans can take jokes - it's just that Bratwurst is their national food and they're fanatical about it. Think about the poor Danish newspapers, who published the pictures of Mohammed - had they published pictures of Bratwrust, they'd all be at concentration camps by now, learning such German phrases as "Schneller, Schwein! Das ist nicht ein Sauerkraut in meinen Lederhosen!" :devil:

-Villain

Rahvin was kind enough to translate the menu to us twice, so that even those who didn't listen on the first time could order something.
I owe a thanks or two to rahvin. Not only for the (second) translation, and for being kind enough to order for me the sandwich i wanted, even though it wasn't listed in the menu. But also for buying me dinner and beer, while giving a moving speech about it. :kickass:
(Btw, the soft bread the italians use for their sandwiches is great.)

I also want to thank all the italians for their hospitality, they offered a lot of help in many ways. My only complaint is that we didn't see enough of them. ;)

But being reminded of Matse's white collar shirt right now when I'm trying my suit on (for an occasion tonight, I'm not wearing it usually, you know), I just started thinking that wouldn't it be damn cool if we all wore suits next time - in the front row! :headbang:
It's not such a bad idea, but i'd suggest white collared shirts instead of suits. It's still more formal than your average gig, and after all Matse got rid of the jacket before reaching the front rows (note how i said rows, not row).
Also i would suggest picking a less popular gig in a place with less fanatic fans, so we can actually make it to the front with minimum bodily harm. :p

Well, when you're a bit older you'll be wise enough not to dance until 3am. :p

Okay, well, yeah, perhaps it'd be just stupid. :eek:

But at least lost sheep like Nt3n wouldn't have such a hard time finding us.

And to explain it to Rahvin: Germans can take jokes - it's just that Bratwurst is their national food and they're fanatical about it. Think about the poor Danish newspapers, who published the pictures of Mohammed - had they published pictures of Bratwrust, they'd all be at concentration camps by now, learning such German phrases as "Schneller, Schwein! Das ist nicht ein Sauerkraut in meinen Lederhosen!" :devil:

-Villain

I am not saying I didn't like dancing until 3 a.m., I just said I was tired afterwards.
It is never stupid to do something as stupid as appearing in suits for a metalconcert. I think I even said somewhere in this thread that everyone should appear in white and I was at least halfway serious about it.
I couldn't care less about Bratwurst.

I think I even said somewhere in this thread that everyone should appear in white and I was at least halfway serious about it.
Someone had to be brave enough and pave that road for the first time.

Someone had to be brave enough and pave that road for the first time.

True.

And once we do it next time, the rest of the people will have easier time doing it afterwards. In a couple of years every DT-fan in a concert will wear white collared shirts.

And that's all thanks to you, Matse. :loco:

-Villain

I couldn't care less about Bratwurst.

I'm sure you were sobbing as you wrote that.

Glad you all had an amazing time. Its always good to know the people you interact with online aren't all balding middle-aged pedophiles. I hope another one happens at some point, perhaps in the States perhaps not (as I wouldn't mid traveling to Europe at all if money wasn't an issue), but it sounds like it'd be fantastic.

Its always good to know the people you interact with online aren't all balding middle-aged pedophiles.

Yeah well that's kind of a disappointment, I feel all alone now.

Apart from that, it does seem like you guys have had a great time.

Next step I think is to repeat the event and see if it can be possible to make it even larger. I myself am definitely looking forward to another trip to Europe and since I'm open to various destinations, making it coincide with a DT show shouldn't be a problem. But that's just me being self-centered.

I was also thinking about us Americans doing a meeting of our own. We don't need you, you old continent weirdos.

Glad you all had an amazing time. Its always good to know the people you interact with online aren't all balding middle-aged pedophiles. I hope another one happens at some point, perhaps in the States perhaps not (as I wouldn't mid traveling to Europe at all if money wasn't an issue), but it sounds like it'd be fantastic.

Heads up: I fuck on the first date.

:Smokedev:

t1.jpg

Me too :)

nothing, that's why i said it's teh win. :)

i wish everyone shared your point of view.

and thanks for your PM!

i think that there's a few shots of me in the pic thread. they're not exceptional tho.

A year has passed since the Forum Meeting in Milan and the greatest gig i have ever seen :)
I feel kind of nostalgic, do you think that we could do it again this year? I really hope so.