Forum Meeting

Correct, and a couple of its neighbors are also threatening to wake up. Specifically, Katla has shown increased activity in the past couple of days (+200%, in fact) and since it has always erupted - at least as far as we know - in the same circumstances as Eyjafjallajokul, we're probably in for a long, long time in the shadow of Mount Doom.

Hehe if the Katla wakes up Europe is pretty much screwed. Look at what happened with the Eyjafjallajokul. Now ponder on the fact that the Katla is bigger. The shadow of Mount Doom is an understatement IMO.

Extra fact: Do you know what caused the French Revolution? Why, yes, a volcano in Iceland. It's ashes and smoke spread down to France, killing all the crops. Some time later… KAPUTT for the monarchy! Off with her head!

Tickets are sold out by now... and I guess Matse's right, other places would be way easier to reach for people in general.

A couple of other things threw this completely out of my mind for a while so let's cut all planning and deciding short.

I will go to Berlin to see them at the Lido. I would be happy to see some others of you there so I guess I can hereby call out a forum meeting there. The concert is on a Sunday evening, October 24th so we have the whole weekend for the meeting. I can show you the major sights on the Saturday if you wish and then we can go and grab a beer somewhere and I am sure we will find things to do on Sunday as well since Berlin is a really nice city with plenty of great places.
The venue will be new to me, but it looks like a nice little one that should provide for a great concert.
http://www.lido-berlin.de/
Address is "Cuvrystraße 7, 10997 Berlin" just so you are able to find it with googlemaps.

How to get to Berlin:
I am sure you will be able to figure that out on your own, Berlin has airports and good public transportations so that should not really be a problem, many Germans speak at least basic English so you should not get lost.
In Berlin you can get around easily and fast with public transportation.

Hotels:
Personally, I will be staying with friends. As for hotel rooms, in Milano at the last meeting a couple of us stayed at a Best Western Hotel with which we were all happy with so if you cannot decide that should always be an at least decent choice. If someone here has decided to go to a certain hotel, feel free to post it so others may join you.
Another cheap possibility would be http://www.couchsurfing.org/ . I haven't tried it myself, but have only heard good about it.

Tickets:
For non-Germans a kind of tricky part and probably the only one in which you may benefit from my help. You could order without problems from
http://www.eventim.de/TINFO.DLL?fun=TDetailB&id=EVG&doc=funktion/fun_deb_sta&key=268506$939256
the problem is just that they charge a lot for international shipping so a solution would be for you to order the ticket, put in my address here in Germany and I will give them to you before the concert. If you are interested, just PM me and I will give you my address.

I will be in Berlin probably from Friday afternoon until Monday early morning.

So if anyone here is interested in a meeting, post it and tell everyone.

I'm very sorry, but I don't think I can get to this meeting. I recently discovered a bad case of water damage on my bathroom wall. Apparently, there's a nasty fungus growing inside the wall, and it has spread spores around my home, causing a not-so-nice allergic reaction in me. It's nothing serious, I should get better soon so there's no need to worry, but it could take a while before my home will be dried up and the mold cleaned.

All the while, a shitload of work has been piling up on my imaginary desk (I don't have a real one) and once my home has been restored I'll need to tackle them head on.

So, barring some extraordinary occurrences (like someone picking me up with a private helicopter and flying me to Berlin and back), I'm afraid I can't participate this time. Sucks, I know.

I'm trying hard to get my ass to the Oulu gig on October 29th (it's less than 200 km away, after all), so if any of you forumites intend to somehow attend that show, let me know.

-Villain

Interest wasn't given, offense wasn't taken, plans were altered from good to better, I won't be in Berlin as well.

Well, hopefully next year. It took us four years between the last two forum meetings, so perhaps the next one will happen in 2012. Or the world will end. :zzz:

-Villain

I take it no one's going to be in Berlin then?
While not exactly a regular anymore, I guess I still count as a forum member and will be at the Berlin gig with 95% certainty (haven't bought the tickets yet and am counting on possible unforeseen events). So if anyone were to have similar plans and would like someone to grab a pre-gig drink with, well, I am a very capable drinker.

Oh and rahvin, congratulations on the recent good news (why make two posts when I can combine everything in one?). Are you the first forum-member to get married? Then further congratulations for showing that hanging around on the internets doesn't necessarily always equal a life as a eunuch ;)