found some bootlegs on youtube

I think that there should be a sign posted that says, "If you are found bootlegging all VIDEO RECORDING/SOUND RECORDING equipment will be destroyed on the spot no questions asked. By entering this establishment you agree to these terms." That would for sure stop the recording process in a hurry... and I don't think any of us who attend on a regular basis would mind smashing a few cameras for the sake of the fest.

-Metal

Okay, I can see the appeal of watching some of the live shots, especially for somebody that was not there and would like to see what all the fuss about (i.e., how friggan INCREDIBLE the Therion set was). However, I tried watching that Therion video that was linked to above. Wow, was that sound extremely shitty. That dinky little microphone in whatever camera/smartphone that was being used sure was clipping! That video just did not do the actual performance any justice at all.

Plus, I really do respect what Glenn is trying to do here and will follow the rules, even ones that I may not fully agree with, but the reasoning behind much of what he does is well grounded and I respect that. Glenn does not make up these rules just to be a dick - he often has very valid reasons for why he does things the way he does and the rules that are created as a result. The guy is definitely an "iron fist in a velvet glove" type of person, and we cannot argue with the final results of his efforts. I guess you have to be to keep this thing from turning into a complete cluster fuck.

Wanna stop videos? ban all phones, until that happens this discussion will never end. The discussion that needs to be happening instead of this one is the leaks of the albums that were exclusively available at the festival that now are on line. Just my opinion

Wanna stop videos? ban all phones, until that happens this discussion will never end. The discussion that needs to be happening instead of this one is the leaks of the albums that were exclusively available at the festival that now are on line. Just my opinion

I believe this was actually done a few years ago. Only cameras without the ability to record could get in.

YEAH screw it, it's not like an emergency can happen or anything........ also leaks are more likely to come from the pressing plant than anywhere else.

I believe this was actually done a few years ago. Only cameras without the ability to record could get in.

guess not

YEAH screw it, it's not like an emergency can happen or anything........ also leaks are more likely to come from the pressing plant than anywhere else.

***cough*** landline ***cough*** Hello McFly

:fu:

and while true those leaks may have came from a different source, it's still a little offputting that for example, Voyager and Haken albums that were available for purchase at the fest appeared as a leak the day AFTER the fest. Just saying. Sorry just being the asshole I am, when things look like they are, they probably are.

Flame on.

***cough*** landline ***cough*** Hello McFly

Yes, because if my wife at home has an emergency and tries to call Center Stage at 10 or 11pm on a Saturday, someone will definitely pick up the phone and find me.

Anyone bootlegging this fest in particular deserves a wicked assbeating. And uploading albums released to us early at the fest deserves a similar, but probably more longlasting and painful, punishment. That shit's why we couldn't get the new Redemption early this year.

Yes, because if my wife at home has an emergency and tries to call Center Stage at 10 or 11pm on a Saturday, someone will definitely pick up the phone and find me.

I must be old ass hell, farting dust kind of thing.

I know this is 2011 but ***begins trembling like an old man thing*** the days before them darnfangled cell-lee-ar phones.

Ok, lol, enough, I get it.

There was a day before we had a smallpox vaccine too but you don't see anyone pining for smallpox. Cellphones are necessary. The end.

These people that bootleg are showing no respect for the fest. Im down for a wall of shame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I informed Glenn on Sat. night of someone bootlegging, but by the time Glenn got to him, he stopped. A few moments later he was at it again. Then I saw this person filming THERION, too. Glenn wasn't around then, so I went out into the lobby and got someone else. He saw the guy and told him no filming. But, as soon as security walked away, the bootlegging started again. He was a person of latino descent.

I'm going to promise myself that if I see this kind of shit happening next year I'm going to get in front of the camera.

It might not be a bad idea to confiscate recording equipment, and maybe return it at the end of the festival, but only after the person has personally apologized, with their photo taken for a wall-of-shame.

What part of my post above did you not understand?

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. There's no need for any negativity (we have so many positive efforts from the past few days to focus on!); however, if folks would like to simply post YouTube URLs within this thread, we will take care of it. :)

~Jen

and while true those leaks may have came from a different source, it's still a little offputting that for example, Voyager and Haken albums that were available for purchase at the fest appeared as a leak the day AFTER the fest. Just saying. Sorry just being the asshole I am, when things look like they are, they probably are.

You seem pretty good at finding them quickly, huh?

This is definitely a trust issue. Glenn has trusted everyone to not video/film anything within the fest. I say we need to come up with a group of people or groups of people to help put a stop to this. I'd happily volunteer for this.

I'd hate for Glenn to re-enact the no camera policy again due to assholes taking advantage of the situation. Maybe there should be a specific security member or two that we would report filming too and that person/persons would be responsible for tossing the idiots from the fest.

That way Glenn can focus on the important things that he needs to. I also like the wall of shame idea. Just my 2 cents. ymmv \m/ \m/

I'd hate for Glenn to re-enact the no camera policy again due to assholes taking advantage of the situation.
It's mainly not a camera issue but those pesky smart phones. It was easy to see who was filming by standing one row up in the middle near the sound board. They were glowing all over. :bah: I told one person that it was not allowed and I thought he was going to punch me...really.

It's mainly not a camera issue but those pesky smart phones. It was easy to see who was filming by standing one row up in the middle near the sound board. They were glowing all over. :bah: I told one person that it was not allowed and I thought he was going to punch me...really.

Even now non-smart phones can record video. :\

You seem pretty good at finding them quickly, huh?

lol, funny how you try to find a review of something you are thinking of buying and when you google it the first thing that comes up is the leak. We all know how to google and your assumption is nothing but that, an assumption.