Frank Kicked Out?????

this is an absolute tragedy if true. Losing spitz was bad enough but Frank!! they amount of energy that guy had on stage was incredible. he was well my fav member. im praying this rumour is a lot of shite.

frank really gave his all on stage. this is a shame. live shows will never be the same again. he had so much energy that was irreplaceable. will thrax be too boring to watch live after this???

still, there is always band politics and things that us fans will never know about.

will anthrax split after the release of MMA??? i really hope not. but i wouldn't be at all surprised if they did.

how many more albums have they got left in them? everything has been such a struggle for them...

the dvd/cd would be a great way to go out......The guys could form new projects or find work in other bands.....I would like to hear Charlie in another project just focusing on drumming. The band has had a long ride...so when it's over it is not a sad deal to me. Plus the new live stuff, possible boxset etc. will keep us busy for a while.

I saw call Anthrax D.O.A. and start a new band. With a new name maybe they would get a lot more looks and promo. A "supergroup" concept, much like Velvet Revolver or Damageplan. I hate to say it, but it would probably work. Rather than looking like a band hanging on for dear life, they would be a "new band comprised of legendary members of two of metal's premier bands."

Just a thought. Because with Frank out, Anthrax is dead. It's close to a G'nR' thing now. The Kiss reference is a good one.

Latest from Blabber (It's sad they we are hearing it from this site first)

It's Official: ANTHRAX Part Ways With Bassist FRANK BELLO - Mar. 4, 2004

ANTHRAX manager Tim Dralle has confirmed to BLABBERMOUTH.NET that bassist Frank Bello is no longer a member of ANTHRAX. The group's official statement on the matter is as follows: "Due to internal reasons, Joey Vera (ARMORED SAINT, FATES WARNING) will be temporarily handling bass playing duties for ANTHRAX on their upcoming tours of Japan and Australia." More information will be made available soon.

As previously reported, ANTHRAX will be joined by KILLSWITCH ENGAGE, and SOILWORK on their upcoming headlining tour of Japan and Australia. The dates are as follows:

Apr. 12 - Sapporo, JPN @ Penny Lane
Apr. 14 - Tokyo, JPN @ O-EAST
Apr. 15 - Tokyo, JPN @ O-EAST
Apr. 17 - Osaka, JPN @ Hatch
Apr. 19 - Fukuoka, JPN @ Logos
Apr. 20 - Hiroshima, JPN @ Club Quattro
Apr. 21 - Nagoya, JPN @ Club Quattro
Apr. 23 – Adelaide, AUS @ Heaven
Apr. 24 – Brisbane, AUS @ The Arena
Apr. 25 – Melbourne, AUS @ The Palace
Apr. 26 – Sydney, AUS @ The Metro
Apr. 27 – Sydney, AUS @ The Met

Additional support in Australia will come from EMBODIMENT 12:14.

ANTHRAX will release their much-anticipated live DVD, "Music Of Mass Destruction", on April 6 through Sanctuary Records. Filmed at a sold-out Metro in Chicago on Friday, December 5, 2003, "Music Of Mass Destruction" reportedly captures what is being described as "the show to define the band's legendary career."

DAMN!!! I really liked Frank. Its like its not Anthrax anymore. I agree maybe they should just call it quits. First Joey but I welcomed that change, then Danny I really missed the guy and his solo's, now Frankie!!!! Think they should just go out with a bang. Do a farewell tour. Not Kiss farewell tour either!

Anthrax won't be the same without Frankie. Amazing stage presence and the ability to get a crowd going and other on-stage antics like throwing picks at Rob durings his lead... but that's still no reason for the band to pack it in. Sure, he'll be hard to replace, but c'mon... They released one of the fucking best albums of their career about year ago and have two new ones on the way.

also, not to put down Frankie because we all know this sucks and he was a very important member of the band... but we still have scott and charlie. i mean, it's not like we're talking about the misfits here where there's only ONE member keeping this band alive and playing the same songs year after year that someone else wrote. we still have the main song writers for the band that were writing the songs almost 20 years ago. and don't forget Bush. to me, he's just as important as scott and charlie now.

some things have to be done and it was time, i guess.

lets face it,scott and charlie made a change in the way they write music after they fired joey,it wasnt like they lost a songwriter!!!

well i have to give some props to danny because when he was on top of his game he made anthrax songs come to life until he no longer had the passion so there was a loss for the fans there

frank while he is a reliable team player its not like anthrax has lost there main songwriter so its not that bad

if it was bush scott or charlie going then there would be cause for concern!

any other olpinions?