Friday-Maiden shirt day!

The 1 time I attended (which was brief), I was not wearing a metal shirt or a black shirt and I felt like I stuck out like a sore thumb. I will be there on Saturday, so what should I wear this time? It's bad enough to be wearing spectacles and have short hair. :p

I was having my chops busted last year because I didn't wear black and didn't wear any concert tees. I plan on repeating that this year.
I'll wear a pink shirt (wearing one today), red shirt, doesn't matter to me.
I generally tend to march to my own beat anyhow, so I'm not sure if I'll join in on the "wear (fill in the blank) color shirt day". Never been a fan of asserting my individuality through group unity.

Scott

I agree with Milton and Joan - Friday night is corset night, and I'm sick of wearing my Maiden shirts. I like Milton's idea of wearing non-metal shirts! :lol: We've all seen a million Maiden shirts at metal shows, so something else would be a more fun to indulge in. Perhaps we could just have a "color" day where we wear a shirt that isn't black! :loco: Or a different idea for a "color" day is we pick a certain color and just try to work it in somehow. Say, "Red Saturday" and see how creative people can get with adding red into their outfit. THAT would be fun, and interesting.

I wear what I wear because that's how I feel at a metal concert, I'm not doing it to appeal anyone in the universe or be part of a certain tribe. But like I said before I gladly join Pabla's Maiden force...and bring another shirt to change if that long-sleeve makes me too hot :lol:

I read somewhere where someone said Maiden shirts are over worn, boring and lack originality or something to that nature...post is now gone but let me assure you... I've seen the Maiden shirts the girls are wearing and there is NOTHING boring or lacking in orginality. WOW is all I can say!!

I said that. And honestly, in my opinion....regular Iron Maiden shirts at concerts ARE pretty over worn. :lol:

agreed.. At any concert aside from the headliner you will always see Maiden shirts.

I think it's cool we all have such a commraderie that we can do these fun things aside from just watching the show. Corsets, Maiden shirts, Kilts, ghosty pillowcases, whatever it is we are all sure to have a great time!

I wear what I wear because that's how I feel at a metal concert, I'm not doing it to appeal anyone in the universe or be part of a certain tribe. But like I said before I gladly join Pabla's Maiden force...and bring another shirt to change if that long-sleeve makes me too hot
:lol:

Precisely, just wear whatever is comfortable to you and have a great time!!!

agreed.. At any concert aside from the headliner you will always see Maiden shirts.

I think it's cool we all have such a commraderie that we can do these fun things aside from just watching the show. Corsets, Maiden shirts, Kilts, ghosty pillowcases, whatever it is we are all sure to have a great time!

Oh absolutely, I don't disagree with you. The camaraderie is great. I just thought it be more fun to do something different than Maiden. Just for the sake of creativity. Nothing else. =)

So, just because I love resurrecting the oldest possible threads (heh), anyone up for doing something like this again this year?

I agree with Milton and Joan - Friday night is corset night, and I'm sick of wearing my Maiden shirts. I like Milton's idea of wearing non-metal shirts! :lol: We've all seen a million Maiden shirts at metal shows, so something else would be a more fun to indulge in. Perhaps we could just have a "color" day where we wear a shirt that isn't black! :loco: Or a different idea for a "color" day is we pick a certain color and just try to work it in somehow. Say, "Red Saturday" and see how creative people can get with adding red into their outfit. THAT would be fun, and interesting.

I would suggest flannel...but Tom made Flannel the new METAL.

Wow, really old thread...made me do a doubletake! I am obviously in if peeps are agreeable to the idea :devil: