from an old school metal

MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOWMEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOWMEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOWMEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOWMEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW

affinityband said:
Ok fair enough.

:rolleyes: hahahaha....i think that its important to understand the difference between arguing principles and arguing taste. there is no logic in taste. if you read over this thread, and picture each one of these people sitting in their room listening to GR, you notice that everyone feels something about it. either they like it, really like it, are in between, don't like it, etc. so, what does every single post in defense of taste mean?

"i like it."

"no, i like it."

"i don't like it"

"i like it"

"man, this sucks"

"this is really awesome"

no matter what factors go into these opinions, there is no right and wrong.

said that way, i agree.

i was pointing out that people can have statements about an album that are just factually wrong, and piss other people off by spreading false info.

affinityband said:
Oinkness if you leave now, you may not realise your own stupidity and may have to live with it forever.

P.s too retarded for you....I think not dear sir. Theres very little that could be level with your Blissful unawareness.
Heres a place too start, try contacting them there will no doubt be space for you to fit in.

Special Olympics
1133 19th Street, N.W.
Washington, DC 20036 USA
+1 (202) 628-3630
Fax: +1 (202) 824-0200
I find it hilarious that you have that information on hand. ^_^

I agree with what has been said on page 3. I love GR, I never said I didn't, and JoeVice put my opinion into words better than I could have... weird... Of course Opeth still have their trademark sound, but the more commercial aspect of GR is the massive addition of clean vocals. I know the cleans were here before, but listen to say Deliverance, or earlier albums... And then listen to GR... there's a ton of them! I think this is the first heavy opeth album where there was more mellowness than there was actual heaviness, and I do sort of include clean vocals over heavy guitar to be mellow... I know you might think thats odd, but in the realm of opeth, I believe true heaviness is hidden amongst the brutal bellows. Did I make any sense? This thread's not too retarded for me, I feel at home here. ^_^

Oinkness said:

I agree with what has been said on page 3. I love GR, I never said I didn't, and JoeVice put my opinion into words better than I could have... weird... Of course Opeth still have their trademark sound, but the more commercial aspect of GR is the massive addition of clean vocals. I know the cleans were here before, but listen to say Deliverance, or earlier albums... And then listen to GR... there's a ton of them! I think this is the first heavy opeth album where there was more mellowness than there was actual heaviness, and I do sort of include clean vocals over heavy guitar to be mellow... I know you might think thats odd, but in the realm of opeth, I believe true heaviness is hidden amongst the brutal bellows. Did I make any sense? This thread's not too retarded for me, I feel at home here. ^_^

Morningrise is equally as mellow, if not more. Yes, GR does have more clean vocals, but I guess I don't mind since Mikael's clean singing gets better and better as time goes on.

JoeVice said:
:rolleyes: hahahaha....i think that its important to understand the difference between arguing principles and arguing taste. there is no logic in taste. if you read over this thread, and picture each one of these people sitting in their room listening to GR, you notice that everyone feels something about it. either they like it, really like it, are in between, don't like it, etc. so, what does every single post in defense of taste mean?

"i like it."

"no, i like it."

"i don't like it"

"i like it"

"man, this sucks"

"this is really awesome"

no matter what factors go into these opinions, there is no right and wrong.

Joevice i did actually agree with you. But Oink was not saying that he said 'this is awesome' and i did not say ' This sucks'.... My 'Attack' was because his unawareness of anything he listens to throughout the years (how can you deny that ?!). I put the posts i did because the opinion that Opeths keyboards could help the record sales more so than the previous records is out right stupid.

Oinkness said:

Ok i sort of understand what you are getting at. But you never said this before. You were saying things about 'Clean vocals' from KSE being able to Beat Mikaels, this is a fair enough statement as it is subject to opinion(not being able to justify it doesnt though). And the addition of keyboards made ghostreveries an overall more listenable album. Again, with no justification. How on earth are people to be able to respect your arguments if you do not state why you think that?
This is the problem Oink, you have come up with all these 'arguments' over the years. But very little has ever been stated a reason for your points so it leaves people a little blind to what your trying to say. Therefor because your points are very straightforward and even contravesial then you can only be expected to be 'flamed'. My 'attacks' on you was because i have read most of te posts you posted here. And how much it annoys me you may 'seem' so damn stupid just because you say these things, but dont back up too why you think so.

P.s Google has that information at hand. Dont try stuff like that, it wont work.

Time to wreck it again.

Euh... biggsy, you're an idiot and you're wrong! I don't know what you're wrong about yet but I'm convinced you will write something to help me out, k?