from an old school metal

leddbelly

New Metal Member
Apr 26, 2006
listen guys--i have some knowledge of metal,since i have been there from the beginning to the present--opeth are among the best technical musicians i have heard in my many years--who can scream the most evil vocals and be melodic in the next second--how many bands can pull off 10-15 minute songs and not get boring--i have seen opeth live 4 times each time was special--at one time they opened for nevermore many years ago and most recently at ziggys nevermore opened for opeth--and let me tell you nevermore are a very talented metal band with the great jeff loomis--as for the new metalcore in the USA mike, it is about fucking time we have our own bands to listen to instead of the finn and swedes all the time.mike was right on a few things ,years ago the only good metal came from the other side for quite a while --i compare it to the english band revolution of the seventies--now i like some killswitch stuff but some of there stuff is totally unlistenable,go see if you can sit through a whole album!!-- but on the other hand we have slayer --gwar--clutch--shadows fall--LAMB OF GOD--trivium--bls--devildriver--mastodon--disturbed--iced earth--madball--mudvayne--slipknot--otep--down--celtic frost--carcass--and more i left out--each with some intersting characters in each band like dez,oderus,zakk,randy blythe--and i have seen most of these bands and killswitch is pretty much at the bottom--but i dont see boys bands here mike--and mike USA metalcore is just really beginning so give us 15 years and we will see what WE have--AND MIKE ,DONT GIVE INTERVIEWS AFTER DRINKING--people are good at sticking their foot in there mouth when buzzed--so in summary i think the usa is going through a new music revolution and give it some time to see what happens,these are some young talent bound to get better--Mike your band is great even though it took six albums to finally connect with the USA crowd and dont forget raleigh on your next tour,just try not to play drunk to a sellout crowd--thanks for listening,hope you will here me,fans can turn on you pretty quickly-------

for someone who claims to know a lot about metal you make some huge mistakes ... celtic frost and carcass american??? nope ... and as if only now there are american metalbands turning up? in the seventies and eighties and nineties (thus always) there have always been big american metalbands!
and some of those band you mention aren't even metal ... (madball for example)

and it took 6 albums to connect with the AMERICAN audience, but euh, in Europe they connected much faster. it's mostly because the albums weren't available in the USA and they didn't tour there of course ... but you claim that a band is only good when americans say so??? how stupid are you?

it seems that you are the one that was drunk when writing this ...

Shadows Fall & Lamb of God are cool with me.

Isn't Metallica the best example of American metal. Maybe not in recent years, but their 1st 4 albums are pure fucking genius. They may be the greatest metal band of all-time & they originated right here in the good old USA !!!

I'd also say that bands like GWAR, Slipknot, Mudvayne & Clutch haven't set out to become pioneers of the metal industry. They all have an element of humour & most of all entertainment/shock value. Not every band sets out to produce ground-breaking material. Some bands are just happy with being popular, successful & entertaining.

I like Opeth as much as anyone, but comparing Opeth to other bands is just silly. There is no comparison.

They're sitting on a cloud watching the other bands feeble attempts to jump from the earth and reach them. Let's just hope they don't fall off.

another good comment opethian 666, more than makes up for your thread about opeth making a joke rap song! haha

Haha I'm never making a thread like that again on this forum. It's like you guys are waiting to totally destroy threads like that :lol:. The only positive side of it was that it died off fast enough so that Mikael himself never noticed it to pwn me for even suggesting something like that.