from which release did you discover Anathema?

from which release did you discover Anathema?

• Total voters
my brother had Serenades, but i never liked the vocals.. saw A4 in a record store in '98 (i guess) and gave it a listen. bought it, and here i am: ruler of the universe.

library in my place had eternity, that was first.
moving to the next place/next library gave me alternative 4 and soft songs from the earlier albums. but judgement came out before i played alternative 4. better that way.

i suppose it underlies an age poll as well..but the first i heard,deeply carved in ma brain and all, a compilation with sllepless(it had gothic too!)the first record,really cant remember:Smug:

well in fact its like this: ive heard deep on the radio and then i heard eternity from the library.
a bit cooler.

Some guy pulled out an old cassette with "Lovelorn Rhapsody" at a party, I was quite drunk but managed to notice this was something special. I had sense enough to ask the guy to write down the name of the band (it's not easy for a Dane to pronounce or understand the word Anathema, trying it for the first time drunk was impossible).
The only album I could find at the time was "Eternity", not exactly what I expected, but Anathema has been my favourite band since the secon´d time I listened to it. That was 97.