Fuck Family!

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
Just because you're related by blood to certain individuals doesn't mean you need to love them. There are some family members that the ONLY reason you even say hello to them if they pass you by is strictly because you share some genealogical connection, and that's stupid. If Uncle Bob is an asshole, why should you have to love him? Fuck him!

I'm close with a select few family members, the rest I either don't really care about, or I flat out dislike them. So why does one need to bother?

This is why the holidays are stressful, because you have to deal with all the idiots you can't stand. I even try to avoid most of my family, but get guilted in by other members (the ones that should feel guilty because they've been dicks their entire life, but that's a different story).

o_O

I wish death or incarceration upon one of my cousins. I am ONLY close with my immediate family and one uncle. I don't have the time nor the desire to broaden that figure. Immediate family is all that really matters but even then, when it comes to siblings that can all change too. lol

Doomcifer said:
Immediate family is all that really matters but even then, when it comes to siblings that can all change too. lol
Or a parent.

Erik, the phase "Fuck _____" is always funny, because it's funny. :Spin:

I always used to hate most of my cousins cos they were young and annoying, but they've grown up now and are ok. So family meetings aren't so much of a pain now. Especially considering there was a free bar with Old Speckled Hen at the last one :D

Doomcifer said:
Naa, not really parents. You would never have gotten the chance to experience LIFE without them two getting it on.
Yeah, but say someone's daddy rapes them all the time when they're younger, why should that person still love both their parents? I once knew someone that went through that, yet because it was family, she still held some connection. That sucks.

I mean yeah we wouldn't be here without parents, but the "gift of life" is just one act of bumpin' and grindin', mom and pops didn't exactly sit there and mold ya out of love and Playdough. :D

One Inch Man said:
Yeah, but say someone's daddy rapes them all the time when they're younger, why should that person still love both their parents? I once knew someone that went through that, yet because it was family, she still held some connection. That sucks.
You have a point there.

one inch man said:
I mean yeah we wouldn't be here without parents, but the "gift of life" is just one act of bumpin' and grindin', mom and pops didn't exactly sit there and mold ya out of love and Playdough. :D
The act of creating life is hardly miraculous. But truly experiencing life, that's a different ballpark.

Nice to see we're staying on topic. :loco:

Doomcifer said:
The act of creating life is hardly miraculous. But truly experiencing life, that's a different ballpark.
True, and I appreciate my dad because he allowed me to grow up hard, but I still think he's an asshole. :loco:

12 posts all on topic so far? New record.

I'm apathetic towards my extended family. I only get to see them once every few years. They're also kind of creepy in a Six Feet Under way. We all are...

This along with them judging or ignoring me most of the time really makes me not eager or exciting about seeing them. The only family members who I feel affection for are my parents.

well you see, my immediate family is extremely conservative. Whenever I see them they insist on that I cut my hair, either the first or second thing that they tell me after I meet them after a while, or as a thing they bring up every day or two when I'm living at home. Despite the fact that I do zero drugs and rarely drink or go out to make trouble they tell me that I look like a pothead and that I should conform to society. Now I think that, yeah maybe they're right, maybe I can get more friends if I dress normal and do "normal" things, but as you can probably sympathize with me as I say this: I would just then be changing myself to suit the needs of others, and I refuse to comprimise myself for the sake of everyone else in the world, the vast majority that I don't give two shits about.

All that said they care for me and attempt to do the very best for me, but sometimes I think they try too hard and should just let me be my own person. I hate having to take the time out to explain and justify my actions to everyone else who simply cannot comprehend why I do the things I do. It's very much like trying to explain the concept of colour to a blind person.

Perhaps I am an ungrateful bastard. I've often pondered that case.