KFC - Got Chicken. Got Soul

JayKeeley said:
But then, the US is the country where you have eggs, bacon, sausage, and MAPLE SYRUP all on the same plate at the same time. What is this madness?
No, no my friend! One of my fondest childhood memories is the day when my syrup from my pancakes ran over to the sausage and bacon partition of my plate! Match made in heaven, nearly as good as Oreos and milk! :D

NAD said:
No, no my friend! One of my fondest childhood memories is the day when my syrup from my pancakes ran over to the sausage and bacon partition of my plate! Match made in heaven, nearly as good as Oreos and milk! :D
You see, sweet stuff normally goes on the dessert menu IMO. I don't get this idea of egss, sunny side up, salt & pepper, side of spicy sausage, and syrup. Why not just dip your cheesecake into a bowl of chilli?

Having said that, I have no problem with pancakes and syrup. You just need to separate it all into different categories of 'sweet' and 'savoury'.

The English have baked beans on their breakfast plates. I thought this was completely normal growing up, but it's laughed at in the US. The first time I made breakfast for Heather (in London), she thought I was having a laugh.

Baked beans for breakfast? Why? So you'll be farting all day?

Yeah, syrup on sausage and bacon rules.

Syrup is a condiment, not a dessert.

That baked beans for breakfast is a bit different, and I eat eggs and chili quite frequently for weekend breakfasts. Dreamlord is right though, nothing farts quite liked baked beans. I eat that for lunch sometimes and I'm toxic for at least 4 hours afterwards.

Fuck me, this thread is making me hungry...

Dreamlord said:
I can tolerate a little mayo on some sandwiches, but I prefer mustard or just have it dry. Mayo on fries?
my roomate used to be just like you with the mayo, but we went on a trip to europe in october and he tried the mayo on the fires thing and now hes a fuckin mayo addict. he absolutely drowns his fries in mayo. its alright for a little while but about halfway through i cant take it anymore. too much mayo. actually in france they use tarter sauce on the fries and thats fuckin good, but just plain mayo isnt.
-neal

NAD said:
Dreamlord is right though, nothing farts quite liked baked beans. I eat that for lunch sometimes and I'm toxic for at least 4 hours afterwards.
Heh, remember that scene around the campfire in Blazing Saddles? Anyway, I'm not sure if a side of beans is enough to turn you into Mr Methane, and the English are obsessed with a good cuppatea each morning, so maybe that counteracts the gas buildup? Or maybe the English are just a bunch of farty pants, you decide. :)

Fuck me, this thread is making me hungry...
I'm having steak tonight. No syrup though, just A1 sauce.

JayKeeley said:
Heh, remember that scene around the campfire in Blazing Saddles? Anyway, I'm not sure if a side of beans is enough to turn you into Mr Methane, and the English are obsessed with a good cuppatea each morning, so maybe that counteracts the gas buildup? Or maybe the English are just a bunch of farty pants, you decide. /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif
"More beans Taggert?" *FAAAAAAAAART* "I think you boys have had enough!" :lol:

To be honest, everything gives me gas, even oxygen. Just ask my girlfriend. :zombie:

I'm having steak tonight. No syrup though, just A1 sauce.
Now steak I rarely put anything on, including steak sauce. I brought home some excellent t-bones once and the woman drowned it with ketchup, I damn near shit myself (and certainly farted).

Fuck Mayo.

There is only Miracle Whip.

I prefer mustard on my hot dogs, hamburgers and what not. Mayo is good only to sick fucks using it to lube up the cock before ramming it into some steamy brownhole.. (Anal Thread Resurrection anyone??) :D

And I don't like my bacon to touch the syrup....

But you haven't had a breakfast until you've had a Texas breakfast. Scrambled eggs, bacon, country potatoes, refried beans and maybe a few tortillas. Even a few pancakes on a plate on the side. Aaww shit!

It always comes back to butt sex with you doesn't it... :D

Miracle Whip is the bastard stepchild of the Mighty Mayo Kingdom, it's the Cheeze Whiz of Mayo! I still like it on RARE occasions though.

Papa Josh said:
But you haven't had a breakfast until you've had a Texas breakfast. Scrambled eggs, bacon, country potatoes, refried beans and maybe a few tortillas. Even a few pancakes on a plate on the side. Aaww shit!
Word, my brother. Although, I prefer not to have refried beans.

My favorite is going to Cracker Barrel (kinda a mom and pop country style restaurant) and getting "Grandpa's Famous Breakfast": Chicken Fried Steak, bacon, grits, eggs, fried cinnamon apples or hashbrowns, and delicious biscuits & gravy. Breakfast of champions.

I just came back from Kentucky Fried Animal #5, where I picked up two grilled snackers to fuel me for some calisthenics. Good Christ, even their grilled offerings taste fried!

mayonnaise is the worst condiment out of the three main ones. It smells bad even when it's still edible, and it looks like...well...you know.

I can not stand this shit. It's a by-product of eggs, a food which I only find appealing in hard-boiled/scrambled format. Good Lord I'm fasting for the rest of the night. I may need a bypass of some sort to repair the damage done to my vascular system, whether it be gastric, or cardio is up to the punjabi physician assigned.