Music playars

Is there some kind of subscription?
No, the Itunes software is free. In fact, you don't even need an Ipod to use it. Only with Itunes, you'll be able to sychronize your personal cpu library with the Ipod. All the additionnal infos (new files, ratings, playlists) are automatically updated each time you connect your Ipod to your cpu.

No, the Itunes software is free. In fact, you don't even need an Ipod to use it. Only with Itunes, you'll be able to sychronize your personal cpu library with the Ipod. All the additionnal infos (new files, ratings, playlists) are automatically updated each time you connect your Ipod to your cpu.

Thanks bro.

I also hear that the Ipod doesnt play certain files other than mp3. When I rip my cd's it comes as .wma I believe. If I do decide on an Ipod, guess Ill just find a new program that rips CD's into mp3's.

W/e...Im off for the night to get plastered. Take it sleazy.

Thanks bro.

I also hear that the Ipod doesnt play certain files other than mp3. When I rip my cd's it comes as .wma I believe. If I do decide on an Ipod, guess Ill just find a new program that rips CD's into mp3's.

You'll probobly use iTunes to rip your CD's if you get an iPod, I would imagine.

iTunes automaticly converts .wma's as well.

Thanks bro.

No prob.
I highly recommend getting a proper encoder and encoding at a descent bitrate. I personaly use audiograbber with the internal encoder LAME, highly recommended.

After researching, Creative seems to have quite a handle on things

@Lurch: the Creative Vision:W looks quite promising. I was wondering though, where one is supposed to get movies and stuff. So, Netflix might have something in the works? The other thing is I doubt I would enjoy watching a movie on a 4" screen. My eyesight is bad enough and I think I already told you about my home setup, so I bet an A/V device would be wasted on me.

I rip all my cd's with Windows Media Player. Is this something I should not be doing? From things I have read it kinda sounds like the practice is looked down upon.

I rip all my cd's with Windows Media Player. Is this something I should not be doing? From things I have read it kinda sounds like the practice is looked down upon.
It depends how much of an audiophile you actually are. Of course, there are much MUCH better encoding tools than WMP's, but they are also considerably slower.

Right now I do not think my speakers or Headphones are quality enough to detect a difference. I would however for future reference appreciate some links to some better programs.

Picked up a Samsung T9 2GB today for $130. Pretty nice. Seems to work well. Listening to the Predators v Blues game on it right now while ripping my collection to the computer. Should only take a few minutes :lol:

Oh yeah, btw, at what speed should I be ripping my shitz? It defaults to 128kbps. So far, I haven't noticed much of a quality difference from my CD/receiver/speaker combo. I'm using the stock earbud phones so I doubt higher quality would make a difference anyway. Anyway, won't a higher-quality rip take much longer as well?
Thanks!

You can, if they have an aux cable or line in. I use a broadcast device for mine most of the time.

I most definitely will get the new pagan altar, but where's the best place to get them shitz?