Music playars

DO NOT GET AN IPOD!

I have one and it's nothing but trouble, it only works when it feels like it. I'll we listening to stuff, then it just fucking stops. I restart it, and wow and error every fucking time.

Do not get an Ipod.

Apparently you suck at iPoding.

My Ipod can be a bitch sometimes. It sometimes doesn't charge, and needs to be updated a lot. Remember to reguraly update its software so that it debugs and won't fuck up.

Anybody know any reliable turntables in the price range of 100-150 USD?

DO NOT GET AN IPOD!

I have one and it's nothing but trouble, it only works when it feels like it. I'll we listening to stuff, then it just fucking stops. I restart it, and wow and error every fucking time.

Do not get an Ipod.
People need to realize that Ipods (or whichever models) shouldn't be manipulated like a baseball bat. These are cutting-edge technology and must be treated in this regard.

Studies has showed numerous times that the Ipod is, in fact, the most reliable portable mp3 player on the market so far. The Creative models are also highly rated.

You may have been unlucky with your model, shit happens. And make no mistake, it does happen with very brand on the market.

i have a plethora of all things Samsung as well ... 2 LCD monitors, 19 and 22wide ... and a LCD HDTV as well ...
funny thing is back in the days when i sold electronics Samsung was the bottom of the barrel cheap crap ... now they are kicking Sony's ass all over the place. Love their stuff ...

Not sure waht they have on the market for mp3 players ... but I woudl suggest a audio/video protable device as well if you are buying one now ... with a large HDD ...

exactly dude! When I was shopping for a tv and came across Samsung, I was like, "man those things are junk!" based purely on their reputation back in the day. Anyway, I got the 32" widescreen HD 1080i for literally hundreds less than a Sony and it's rated at the top of it's class.
So what do you mean about a portable A/V device?

@Tully: hahaha I can't think of any of your posts that haven't ruled, even if it's me that's getting flamed :lol:

i've had 3 ipods suddenly die under the warranty

i don't understand how i could have been "manipulating it like a baseball bat"; i don't throw it in backpacks to let it get crushed by books, i don't accidentally leave it outside overnight or in the trunk of a hot car or something, frankly i don't know what i'm being accused of as one of the "dumb people who break ipods" cuz i treat it as well as could be expected and i can feel my blood pressure skyrocketing reading these accusations that it's somehow my fault that their crappily designed piece of shit suddenly starts giving me the little dead iPoop icon

apple service also blows enormous donkey balls

i'm not anti-ipod just because it's trendy, i'm basing my opinion on experience and the experience of almost every ipod owner i personally know irl

i've had 3 ipods suddenly die under the warranty

i don't understand how i could have been "manipulating it like a baseball bat"; i don't throw it in backpacks to let it get crushed by books, i don't accidentally leave it outside overnight or in the trunk of a hot car or something, frankly i don't know what i'm being accused of as one of the "dumb people who break ipods" cuz i treat it as well as could be expected and i can feel my blood pressure skyrocketing reading these accusations that it's somehow my fault that their crappily designed piece of shit suddenly starts giving me the little dead iPoop icon

apple service also blows enormous donkey balls

i'm not anti-ipod just because it's trendy, i'm basing my opinion on experience and the experience of almost every ipod owner i personally know irl
All the Ipod users I know are very satisfied with the product. Can't say for sure exactly what the hell happened, but either you are very unlucky or you didn't use the Ipod properly. Did you use any non-apple soft/hardware by any chances? Which generation did you have?

I recently upgraded to an Ipod 80gb, but I've gone through all this before. I like my Ipod so far. It's not very rugged, so I'd recommend getting some sort of protection for it.

don't Apple products carry a premium that's completely unwarranted? Reminds me of how people will hand over thousands of dollars more for a Toyota when there is no evidence whatsoever that they are more reliable vehicles. Seems like people buy ipods just because it's the thing to do, not because they are the most effective product. Am I right?

don't Apple products carry a premium that's completely unwarranted? Reminds me of how people will hand over thousands of dollars more for a Toyota when there is no evidence whatsoever that they are more reliable vehicles. Seems like people buy ipods just because it's the thing to do, not because they are the most effective product. Am I right?
Not quite. As I already stated, various comparative studies showed that the Ipod is the most reliable portable mp3 player on the market. Creative models have amazing scores as well. I talked to several sellers specialized in mp3 player and they confirmed. There's 1 year warranty coming with the product. If you're looking for radio, voice recorder and avi playback, it would be best checking out the creative models.

People need to realize that Ipods (or whichever models) shouldn't be manipulated like a baseball bat. These are cutting-edge technology and must be treated in this regard.

Studies has showed numerous times that the Ipod is, in fact, the most reliable portable mp3 player on the market so far. The Creative models are also highly rated.

You may have been unlucky with your model, shit happens. And make no mistake, it does happen with very brand on the market.

Very good post, and I agree. I think I have a shitty model, because everyone I know has an Ipod that has never fucked up. Don't get a 60 gb photo, because mine sucks.

Just get a fucking iPod, don't be a pussy anti-consumerist hippy pale-hairy-chick-loving douche who doesn't get an iPod just because. You will regret not getting an iPod eventually, but will just rag on iPods that much harder to make up for the fact you didn't get one and are upset about that.

You'll be that guy defending watever lame player they got as being more 'bang for your buck' when everyone else is quietly enjoying their luxurious iPods. Except the dumb people who break them.

Thank you tully for thanking apple for the anal sex they supply you with.

Beyond the ipods technical troubles, itunes sucks, more expensive and often with less features. Yes, the Zen is thicker, its also built like a fucking tank. Versus built like a WWI plane (cardboard, some sticks and some gum). I prefer durability, stability and performance over "omfg I got the same as youzzz!!1"

edit: and yes, ipods DO sometimes actually work. Just out of 20 people with an ipod I know. None of them have it work properly. ever. And this is various models and bought over various years.

Seems like people buy ipods just because it's the thing to do, not because they are the most effective product. Am I right?

No.

People don't buy iPods because they think this is the case, until they come to realize that their poopy product just isn't as much a joy to use as a lucious iPod.

Refer to above post by Andy for a case in point.

I prefer durability, stability and performance over "omfg I got the same as youzzz!!1"

^exact mind set I'm referring to.

GET A FUCKING PLASTIC/METAL CASE for your iPod people. If you are to fucking stupid to be able to handle an expensive piece of technology then no wonder they 'break' when you 'use them normally'.