Music playars

Very good post, and I agree. I think I have a shitty model, because everyone I know has an Ipod that has never fucked up. Don't get a 60 gb photo, because mine sucks.
Have you tried restoring and installing the latest apple firmware? There's a person on another forum who thought his Ipod was dead broken and managed to bring it back to life. Maybe there's something to do about yours?

No.
People don't buy iPods because they think this is the case, until they come to realize that their poopy product just isn't as much a joy to use as a lucious iPod.

^exact mind set I'm referring to.

yeah, it's real anti-consumerism to make sure I buy the product with more features and that is nigh-indestructible out of the box. yupyup. Excuse me, my bong, flower/tye-dye shirts and incense are waiting.

And MFJ, I wasn't fighting, merely stating my opinion both on the ipod and Tully's quality methods of explanation. of his viewpoint.

"BUY IPOD CUZ EET GOOD IS! YOU NO BUY YOUZ BE A WANKER."

Meh, I made my reccomendation. Read some reviews and the varies varieties out there and pick what works best for you.

exactly dude! When I was shopping for a tv and came across Samsung, I was like, "man those things are junk!" based purely on their reputation back in the day. Anyway, I got the 32" widescreen HD 1080i for literally hundreds less than a Sony and it's rated at the top of it's class.
So what do you mean about a portable A/V device?

I mean something that plays video as well ... seems everything is video nowadays. Would be cool to have a few inch screen and watch shit here and there ...

Did you know that Netlfix just announced that they will have movie downloading now as part of the regualr membership fee? Not sure how its going to work exactly ... but video is all over the place.

You put music on it, and then you can put it on your iPod. It's pretty much like every other software MP3 player.

Creative isn't bad or anything. Go with creative if you want pretty colors.

Oh, ok. So you cant just plug in the usb and drag & drop? Or is Itunes like the "middleman" to actually do it?

Does it cost anything?

I can just buy an mp3 plyer and throw some music on it, right? Or do I have to subscribe to something?

Wow, Im a n00bie when it comes to this shit.

Oh, ok. So you cant just plug in the usb and drag & drop? Or is Itunes like the "middleman" to actually do it?

Does it cost anything?

I can just buy an mp3 plyer and throw some music on it, right? Or do I have to subscribe to something?

Wow, Im a n00bie when it comes to this shit.

Works just like any MP3 player, just plug it in and it does everything for you. IE: Plug it in and it will put your iTunes library onto the iPod. Or you can do it manually if you want/if you want to jack your friends music from their iTunes.

My dad and sister have a surprising amount of trouble with Itunes. And also, I fucking HATE how it always seems to reset itself as the default link handler for mp3s and shit.

Works just like any MP3 player, just plug it in and it does everything for you. IE: Plug it in and it will put your iTunes library onto the iPod. Or you can do it manually if you want/if you want to jack your friends music from their iTunes.

so you cant put a certain folder of music on your ipod without going through Itunes first? wtf

Yeah, I use Winamp. Thats my "mp3 player."

Wtf fucker, you own stock in Ipud or what?

I just don't understand what your baffled about when you say, "so you cant put a certain folder of music on your ipod without going through Itunes first? wtf".

I just don't understand what your baffled about.

Well, first, you need to understand that I have probably seen MAYBE two portable mp3 player/ipod in my life. I have NO idea how they work or how you load music onto them. The most experience I have with USB stuff is with my camera where I just plug it in, and click the pics I wanted onto my computer.

Is there some kind of subscription?

Also, I am very weary about dumb programs (quicktime, realplayer, etc) hijacking my computer and my regualr programs I enjoy using.

I'm just trying to get a very basic knowledge of how it all works before I go one step further and really compare/contrast the players so I can buy one.

I'm not just gonna blindly spend a couple hundred bucks on something I have no clue about.

'Tis all. :cool:

I just don't understand what your baffled about when you say, "so you cant put a certain folder of music on your ipod without going through Itunes first? wtf".

I think he's talking about "drag-and-drop" files without going through the itunes sychronisation. It's something that can be done, here:
http://www.yamipod.com/main/modules/home/

Still, Itunes is a perfectly fine mp3 player.