Fucking Nu-metal

linkin park its not Nu-metal. its pop.
and if you dont like it dont listen to this...
but i agree that all this mtv stuff its very sucks.

its so pitiful :loco:

nahhh not all of it is bad... the problem i find is too many bands sound the same... 30 seconds to mars, simon says, finger 11, linkin park, etc etc etc now i do kinda like the style, but there's just too much of it. Granted there are 2 kind of styles there... the melodic side (sevendust, finger 11, linkin park) and the heavy side (slipknot, ill nino, drowning pool)... it is strange... the good stuff in the style i quite like, but the good stuff only consists of like 5% of all the shit out there. I Love Sevendust and Haji's Kitchen for example, and mudvayne is alright, but i mean there's too many boring copies that play the same exact thing as bands before them with the tiniest variation and MTV kiddies just eat it up... it seems no one is really into the experimental and new stuff that's out there, they're not willing to put the time in to "get used" to the stuff that has some originality and depth... they will stick with what's familiar (let's face it every Nu Metal song is 95% similar to any other one by any other band, with the exception of the 2 kinda styles of Nu Metal i said)

BUT i mean can we expect any more from these people? a lot of metal and "prog" out there has the kind of depth that you can only really understand if you have spent much of your time listening and understanding music... take Opeth for example... if you don't see music as more than just "something to hear", and instead treat it as a whole fucking experience that band has got so much to offer you won't get bored of them, there's too much to discover... now if you DO just listen to music casually, not really fully diving yourself into it, like listening to it while doing other things, Opeth will sound like shit (if you haven't ALREADY gotten into it deeply). First the vocals, very few people like them right away, death vox is too unorthodox for anyone to accept right off the bat. Second, the structure... there is NO melody/chorus repeated 37 times in 3 minutes that by the end of the song you have it stuck in your head from being forcefed. Now if you ever plan on sitting and actually LISTENING to a song like that you will want to vomit at the simplicity of it all... casual listening though (how 99% of people listen to music) that works perfectly. Something like Opeth takes easily 10 listens through a single song to actually get an idea of the structure, and another 10 to really let it settle in. By that time you get so much out of the music and you begin to realize how much can actually be accomplished by music. It isn't just sound to me... it affects me in a whole different way, and when i hear something with one good 4 second "hook" beaten to death and abused until it loses all value (AKA pop, nu metal, most rock, country, etc.) i feel cheated, like if they didn't waste that hook like that it could be worth a damn. Of course that rises another problem... YOU HAVE TO BE CREATIVE hahaha! Like ALL the hooks in N'Sync or Britney or Spice Girl's bag for their entire careers will never match what bands like Opeth, Porcupine Tree, Dream Theater, or ANYTHING Dan Swano has done in even just single song in some cases. quite sad...

BUT... yes there's a but... FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH, if you are just looking for that one hook and a heavy groove, by all means listen to Nu Metal. That is what i listen to it for... but i don't really consider it true MUSIC, because music to me is supposed to be a massive experience. It saddens me that that is all some people get from music though... they are missing so much that it has to offer. Not everyone can be nerds like us about music and spend half of our waking moments diving our entire conscious effort into it :p Not everyone has that kind of spare time or dedication haha

Originally posted by MetalManIntoMetal
I fucking hate Linkin Park and that kind of stuff.
What do you think?:confused:

Visti my site:Demo

SHUT THE FUCK UP! AHHAHAHAHAHHA

Hasn't this thread been done before a couple of HUNDRED FUCKING TIMES!!!!

Or did you lull us here just so you could pimp your web site..

DAMMIT, I've been tricked!!#$!$!

*runs out of thread*

Originally posted by Bumblefoot
nahhh not all of it is bad... the problem i find is too many bands sound the same... 30 seconds to mars, simon says, finger 11, linkin park, etc etc etc now i do kinda like the style, but there's just too much of it. Granted there are 2 kind of styles there... the melodic side (sevendust, finger 11, linkin park) and the heavy side (slipknot, ill nino, drowning pool)... it is strange... the good stuff in the style i quite like, but the good stuff only consists of like 5% of all the shit out there. I Love Sevendust and Haji's Kitchen for example, and mudvayne is alright, but i mean there's too many boring copies that play the same exact thing as bands before them with the tiniest variation and MTV kiddies just eat it up... it seems no one is really into the experimental and new stuff that's out there, they're not willing to put the time in to "get used" to the stuff that has some originality and depth... they will stick with what's familiar (let's face it every Nu Metal song is 95% similar to any other one by any other band, with the exception of the 2 kinda styles of Nu Metal i said)

BUT i mean can we expect any more from these people? a lot of metal and "prog" out there has the kind of depth that you can only really understand if you have spent much of your time listening and understanding music... take Opeth for example... if you don't see music as more than just "something to hear", and instead treat it as a whole fucking experience that band has got so much to offer you won't get bored of them, there's too much to discover... now if you DO just listen to music casually, not really fully diving yourself into it, like listening to it while doing other things, Opeth will sound like shit (if you haven't ALREADY gotten into it deeply). First the vocals, very few people like them right away, death vox is too unorthodox for anyone to accept right off the bat. Second, the structure... there is NO melody/chorus repeated 37 times in 3 minutes that by the end of the song you have it stuck in your head from being forcefed. Now if you ever plan on sitting and actually LISTENING to a song like that you will want to vomit at the simplicity of it all... casual listening though (how 99% of people listen to music) that works perfectly. Something like Opeth takes easily 10 listens through a single song to actually get an idea of the structure, and another 10 to really let it settle in. By that time you get so much out of the music and you begin to realize how much can actually be accomplished by music. It isn't just sound to me... it affects me in a whole different way, and when i hear something with one good 4 second "hook" beaten to death and abused until it loses all value (AKA pop, nu metal, most rock, country, etc.) i feel cheated, like if they didn't waste that hook like that it could be worth a damn. Of course that rises another problem... YOU HAVE TO BE CREATIVE hahaha! Like ALL the hooks in N'Sync or Britney or Spice Girl's bag for their entire careers will never match what bands like Opeth, Porcupine Tree, Dream Theater, or ANYTHING Dan Swano has done in even just single song in some cases. quite sad...

BUT... yes there's a but... FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH, if you are just looking for that one hook and a heavy groove, by all means listen to Nu Metal. That is what i listen to it for... but i don't really consider it true MUSIC, because music to me is supposed to be a massive experience. It saddens me that that is all some people get from music though... they are missing so much that it has to offer. Not everyone can be nerds like us about music and spend half of our waking moments diving our entire conscious effort into it :p Not everyone has that kind of spare time or dedication haha

Well said Bumble!!! I hafta agree with you 100% on all that you said, couldn't have put it better myself hehe:)

im america opeth is becoming mainstream. wtf. opeth deserves to be mainstream, they need to be herd. but not by the mainstream faggots trendy fucx that rule americas musical center. opeth deserves to be mainstream simply because its good music. the mainstream population, here in america, will never look at opeth as a melodic masterpeice. but as good music. they wont know why its good music, just that it is. the mainstream metal seen in america will say it sounds pretty and dark. dark yes opeth is, but why, they will not know. even the people who read the lyrics,and listen to the music as it is to be,will not know the true meaning of opeth. only the few such as i and many others that are still in the few will know the true meaning behind the songs, the reason it is melodic yet heavy, and so so wonderful. the american mainstream population are mostly posers who listen to the music to be kewl. this saddens me. i must let people know the meaning behind masterpeices such as opeth. may melodic deathmetal rule for it is king

Originally posted by Bumblefoot

well, you said every single fucking thing that i bitch about daily, and was hoping to say here... \m/ Hell Yeah \m/ and thank you for sparing me from having to type all that :lol: Bumble, i know exactly waht you mean about Opeth, the way an album sucks you in, and when the punch they wrote comes you'r whole body trembles with the coming Music. Thank god for real metal, I would be lost without it. Rock On!

Bodomite: Have you heard the story behind that avatar you have? It's pretty disgusting and sick. "The legendary blackmetal stories from -90's Norway". They did some crazy stuff in the early nineties and some of the blackmetallers ended up in jail or morgue.

Bumblefoot is the most intelligent motherfucker I have ever had the pleasure of reading a post from. Nu-metal sucks ass, but it is a hard thing to define. I listen to a select few, very few, of the newer hard bands, but I really don't think that any of them can be defined as nu-metal. Yet, I think that anything that is played on the radio that is even slightly hard has been pigeonholed as nu-metal. There are a few bands that are good that the title of nu-metal has screwed in the eyes of true metal fans. Bands like Chevelle, 30 Seconds to Mars, Vex Red, etc. to name a few of the very few are good bands (who I would never consider to be metal ever, much less nu-metal) have been screwed by a title. I think that true nu-metal has to be part of a hardcore high school trend or something. I'm the kind of guy that likes a lot of different types of music and I don't really give a shit what other people say about it. I listen to bands ranging from The Crown to Radiohead to Stevie Ray Vaughan to Pink Floyd, but I know what I like. Nu-metal is just a trend. Most nu-metal bands will have one hit CD, two at the most and then fade back into obscurity, whereas actual good bands will gain notoriety from the time they have their first hit until they break up or sell out. So I guess my definition of nu-metal is sell out metal. If a metal band is good, then they just ain't nu-metal.
I also encourage everyone to be more open minded about the things that they listen to. If u think that ur hardcore macho death metal motherfucker, don't be afraid to give into something that ain't very hard, or hard at all for that matter. Check out bands like Radiohead or Coldplay or shit like that. Listen to what u like or ur being exactly the same as all those trendy high school kids who only like certain music because it's what everyone else is listening to and ur gay if u don't. Fuck what other people say. Are U their bitch? I didn't think so.

What I can't understand is that so many people channel such immense amounts of energy into hating nu-metal and bands with progressing sounds (Paradise Lost, Fear Factory for example) that they turn into zealots and make it their purpose in life to hunt out non-conforming opinions.

Agreed, I have been listening to The Greyest of Blues Skies a pretty good bit lately. The first song I heard was "Above" from "Tip" a few years ago and really liked it. I moved away from listening to most nu-metalish stuff but can still appreciate them. I definitely don't classify them as nu-metal. Who cares, though? It's good music regardless of any classification it's given.