FUUUUCK! ROOPE QUIT THE BAND!!!!

<Arcane>

Jan 21, 2007
Germany
www.youtube.com
No joke, the hatecrew posted it on Facebook 5 minutes ago!
j9u4d1.jpg

I have just read it too.... that is sad indeed. :( Such a legend. Well..what can we do. This clarifies why the band has been silent lately.

I wonder how they will play live now with only four guys... I just realized, that Roope seem to left the band before they started recording the new album (so a few weeks back). Would be an explanation why Alexi said in an interview that he's starting to double the guitars. If the new album is really written an recorded without Roope, then it's going to suck because Roopes rythm guitar parts were always (or most of the time) better and more interesting than Alexis.

Time to dig up this old picture.
rip%20repe.jpg

But yeah, it's pretty sad. Wonder how their live performances are going to turn out and if they are ever going to get someone else to replace him. I think their live performances need both guitarists unless Alexi is an alter-ego of Michael Angelo Batio.

Wow, so Alexi recorded all guitars by himself, Roope had nothing to do with this album.

I'm sure they have a new guitarist already and he probably knows the songs by now. Some young blood? Roope was always too old to be a child of Bodom, but he somehow stuck with them.

I hope he brings Alexander back, that is my wet dream, but I have my doubts........... Do you think they will perform the whole european tour without a second guitarist? Maybe the only the next few shows.....

It's gonna be interessting how the album will sound allthough the departure of Roope kind of lowered my expectations, but maybe we will get some nice surprises.

In addition, I think that they have a fifth guy for playing live, even if he's just temporary, I don't think they can pull of a decent concert with just one guitarrist.

What's up with this Alexander nostalgia? The guy said "fuck this metal shit, I'm going home" 12 years ago, he's fat and unable to play the new material, hasn't had contact with the band since 2003, yet you guys want him back??

They need a second guitarist for tour, this stuff can't really be played with just one guitarist, the rhythms are essential.

What's up with this Alexander nostalgia? The guy said "fuck this metal shit, I'm going home" 12 years ago, he's fat and unable to play the new material, hasn't had contact with the band since 2003, yet you guys want him back??

For once I agree with you. I never understood why people are so fanatic about some fat fuck who decided to call quits ages ago. Instead of him I really hope they find someone who wants to be part of the band and who is capable of playing their songs. I mean after all there is fuckton of pretty good Finnish guitarists without a band and I think being a part of CoB is a wet dream for many Finnish guitar wankers. Not saying that some Alexi-wannabe should be Latvala's successor but I hope they get someone enthusiastic enough.

Sad news :( Roope added a lot to the band, not only because he's a great rhythm guitar player. I'd have loved to see him explain the world once :lol: Good luck to him, whatever he might be up to in the future.

And agree with Joonas.

They need a second guitarist for tour, this stuff can't really be played with just one guitarist, the rhythms are essential.

He still plays metal Joonas. He just didn't want to be travelling the world 24/7. Had him as my guitar teacher a few years back.

What I'm most interested in now is, why did he leave? Music style not to his liking anymore? Felt old and didn't want to tour anymore, and would rather settle down a bit?

Whoever it is he definitely needs to sincerely admire Bodom's music and be dedicated. Not a fanboy, please, but a true metalhead from some other band, who fits the picture. Also not some egoistic big name who tries to steal the attention. Right now only thing I care about is if the new album is good or not. No point in worrying about other things until we know this. This album can't afford to be bad. Actually it needs to be a cult album.

Breath of fresh air?

Maybe COB knew this was coming a while back and that is why Alexi is doing the 100 guitarist thing...so he can find a potential replacement for Roope.

I'm more curious to see how their sound may change once they get a new guitarist. Seeing as there was a pretty big change from Alexander to Roope.

Also....FUCK Alexander...he had his chance and left....next.

Are you guys for real? The hate Alexander gets is by no means deserved. He did quit - well so what? Touring your ass off is not for everyone. Like, Edge of Sanity never toured, still legendary. As regards the news, worst fucking news ever but it was expected :(

Are you guys for real? The hate Alexander gets is by no means deserved. He did quit - well so what?

I don't hate him. I just don't get the fanatics who think that the band goes old school if Alexander joins the band again.