FUUUUCK! ROOPE QUIT THE BAND!!!!

For once I agree with you. I never understood why people are so fanatic about some fat fuck who decided to call quits ages ago. Instead of him I really hope they find someone who wants to be part of the band and who is capable of playing their songs. I mean after all there is fuckton of pretty good Finnish guitarists without a band and I think being a part of CoB is a wet dream for many Finnish guitar wankers. Not saying that some Alexi-wannabe should be Latvala's successor but I hope they get someone enthusiastic enough.

i agree 2x with you guys, how odd is this

fuck alexander, he can suck my fat hairy balls.

cob can pick up a kick ass player for sure, some new blood that would bring new energy to the band, which i do think they need.

alexi should put the new guitar player in the new album, but oh well...

the chance of cob playing with only 1 guitar player its pretty difficult to imagine and id say not very likely to happen.... i mean look at how important guitar solos/melodies are in this band. if they dont have a tight rhythm behind the solos will sound crap, what would be the point to start sounding worse live? because with only 1 dude on guitar that would happen. its like what we in portugal usual say... it would be going from horse to donkey.

i dont think alexi enjoys donkeys

10 years later:
fuck roope, he can suck my fat hairy balls!
:lol:

Fuck, that sucks! He was a great addition to the band from the moment he started. I wish him all the best in whatever he's going to do in the future.

As for CoB's future; I am positive they are going to find a good replacement. At least in terms of guitar skills. Whether that person will blend in and has good chemistry is always something you have to wait and see.
The festivals are pretty soon already though, so either they already have their eye on someone, or they'll have a guest. No way they can play as just the four of them. Rhythm guitar on tape won't work at all with the speed they play live in comparison to albums.

Best case scenario: Roope revives Stone and kicks ass for years to come; the second COB guitarist is revealed to be Dave Suzuki, Alexi is jealous of his unfathomable guitar skills and practices 24/7 to redeem his best form; Follow the Reaper 2 and Something Wild 2 ensue.

Worst case scenario: Roope and Alexander are in fact gay, they get married and adopt Justin Bieber; Alexi invites Avril Lavigne as a lead-guitarist, switches over to rhythm guitar himself, COB plays skate-pop-punk to the end of time; Greece wins Euro-2016.

It's really sad news but I'm excited to see what he will do next, I hope we will see him in the buisness still and I expect we will. His love for music seem too big for him to let it go completely as a career.

Anywho, I hope they find someone who fits the band and have a genuine love for CoB and that the album will be great.

As for the hate for Alexander I think it's uncalled for, he left the band in a bad timing but all that is 12 years ago and the band has moved on and it's all forgotten between them so why should we as fans dig that up again?

Are you guys for real? The hate Alexander gets is by no means deserved. He did quit - well so what? Touring your ass off is not for everyone. Like, Edge of Sanity never toured, still legendary. As regards the news, worst fucking news ever but it was expected :(

Expected? What?

He didn't quit, he was fired. Look at his twitter, he is saying we "parted ways", which infers he had no say in the matter.

I wonder, why now? I do not expect them to air their dirty laundry, but I would like to know the reason behind the decision because I am sure they had one.

It is sad to see Roope leave because he was a likable character who really fit in with the band, but I do not think it will hurt them. There are tons of capable guitarists out there and I am sure Alexi will choose one he is close with to fill the position (maybe the guy from the local band or Janne's brother?). As for Alex returning, I doubt it, and I do not care if he does. I just find it hard to believe they would let him return after leaving them high-and-dry and it seemed as if Alexi lost contact with him. \

Also, there is zero-chance they will perform as a four piece in my opinion.

Now with a new album and a new guitar player coming this should be an exciting couple of months

Roope's Twitter posts:

After 12 years of dedication to COB, I am no longer a member. I would like to thank everyone for the support. This will not be the end 4 me!

Well, any death, melodic death, or black metal band looking for a guitarist? Hahahaha ;-)

COB will continue just without their most fucking bad ass member. Once again I would like 2 thank everyone 4 the overwhelming support today.

Too much talking, aka. he's somewhat shocked at it himself too? Sounds perhaps a bit bitter at what happened.

I will drink to roope tonight.

He looks like he aged 10 years with COB so maybe all that touring and drinking took its toll.

Also let's be real Roope is meant to be a lead guitarist. He never really gets the proper shredding time he deserves with live COB and he's way too good to be doing rhythm all the time.

I will drink to roope tonight.

He looks like he aged 10 years with COB so maybe all that touring and drinking took its toll.

Also let's be real Roope is meant to be a lead guitarist. He never really gets the proper shredding time he deserves with live COB and he's way too good to be doing rhythm all the time.

Ageing 10 years in a span of 12 years ain't that bad to be honest. Pretty good actually.

I mean he looks 10 years older than he really is ..

do we also know for sure that Roope quit or was he maybe let go?

If he was 'let go' it wasn't because of his playing or playing style, that's for sure. Maybe they wanted a younger image for the band again. Roope should play with a band such as Amon Amarth except more challenging instrumentally. Maybe some band that started in the '80's. Playing wise he's a solid recruit for any famous band out there that needs a replacement.