G.A.S. B**CH, IsoCab vs. Two Notes Torpedo

Joelegend

Joe not so legend
Jun 5, 2009
Belgium
Like the title says. With the end of the year coming there is always money to spend. My general idea was to buy the Jet City Jetstream Iso12 when it gets back in stock at Thomann. (Why not the randall? - the Jet City is cheaper - and i have Harley Benton V30 lying around, so i can still switch speaker if i feel like). Another reason for buying the Isocab is the sorta "Art-of-Miking" practice and cause i spend money on a nice preamp (BLA B12A). I also have a selfmade Isocab in wich the Harley Benton Cab fits, but this sound mostly stays rather bad.

Then from the other side there is the Two Notes Torpedo stuff. The hardware, the Live one is far above my want to spent budget. The Cab version, since i already have a selfmade LoadBox, is less expensive. But there is also the software, of wich i wonder, is it the same software wich is on the hardware?

Reason for this question is cause i was messing abit with my Triple XXX and the revalver Impulse Loader, and with some tweaking i could actually a nice 3D sounding speaker filling tone. And Merrow generally replaced his Isocab with the Torpose also.

What to do?

Just my opinion:
Iso cabs sound like shit.
Torpedo Wall of sound software is ok.
A good impulse is always better than a poorly recorded cabinet.

Skip the iso cab. Save your money. Use free or cheap impulses. Buy a Kemper or something else that actually is worth the money.

I used to have the Randall. Was NOT impressed. Sold my Mesa and got a KPA, never been happier.

Decided I only going for the WOSIII plugin and buying no hardware at all so..., waiste some money on other monitors orso and i own EZmix 2, so i can still pick up sneaps stuff.

Save for the kemper bro sell your amp practice miking when you could afford amps later down the road then share your profiles

A kemper? Never, if could afford that, i could afford going on holliday i would rather do that. Thanks to discovering my monitor controller is shit wich only allows you to control one pair of balanced outputs, i've put the monitor idea also out of my head. Don't even know if the Tannoy Reveal 601A would have been an upgrade for Yama HS50s, but currently listening to TAIM on them, so i doubt my neightbours would be happy getting bigger ones. And since i own ATH-M50... And with the release of the new Sneap stuff, i realized i could maybe also make the upgrade from PT MP9 to 11, cause i actually do own an ampsim for it.