Gamers Thread

You should play FF XII. It was great despite the incoherent plot.

I need a PS2 to do that...I hate Playstation consoles no offense lol...If I had been a playstation all those years I would have played most Final Fantasy games for sure.

I have the Collector's Edition strategy guide so it's pretty useful for tips and stuff. I only use it as a last resort if I get stuck...I plan on going through it a second time once I do my first play through...so I can master the entire game.

Did anyone ever play the game Jet Set Radio Future for the original Xbox. That has to be one of the best games I've ever played. The graphics are pretty solid even now, the environments were some of the best ever and it has the best soundtracks I've ever heard in a video game. I don't usually like techno but this game pulled it off spectacularly. It's backwards compatible with the 360 but my copy is scratched to hell and I think it may kill my console if I put it in now.

I had to do it..I got FF13 two nights ago, have barely had time to play, but from the 3 hours of gameplay I've crammed in, it's REALLY GOOD. FF12 sucked so bad that I was barely excited about this one

-Easily the best combat system of the series (though I think 8 has the most sentimental value with the Draw System)

-The main character Lightning is a badass, I was a little on the edge about having a female as the lead..we all know how FFX-2 went :S but already an hour in the game you know she's more badass than many of the previous male leads (FF8, FF9, FF10, FF12)--(I just realized how many wimps have been leads in a row!)

The other characters seem a little iffy..I've always hated having kids as playable characters, and now you have 2, both of which seem to play a big part of the team :S..but there's also the Eddie Murphy-type black guy for comic relief, and the tall Boxer, both of whom which most likely will end up as my party members for the rest of the game.

the characters are so lame and simple, the storyline is gay. combat system borrows from star ocean and legend of legaia(the basic roots, that game is in a league of its own)..it's really overrated so far. And I love a cut scene every 10 minutes, and boring combat. Not very enjoyable so far, I definitely see myself roughing it to beat the game.

You should play FF XII. It was great despite the incoherent plot.

The plot is so bizarre...I could barely follow it when playing daily. I put it down for a few months and picked it back up...had no idea what the hell was going on. Great gameplay, though.

FF XII was the first FF I've played, so I was quite enamored with it while it lasted.

But seriously, Demon's Souls is second to none. Everyone should get this game.

I had to do it..I got FF13 two nights ago, have barely had time to play, but from the 3 hours of gameplay I've crammed in, it's REALLY GOOD. FF12 sucked so bad that I was barely excited about this one

-Easily the best combat system of the series (though I think 8 has the most sentimental value with the Draw System)

-The main character Lightning is a badass, I was a little on the edge about having a female as the lead..we all know how FFX-2 went :S but already an hour in the game you know she's more badass than many of the previous male leads (FF8, FF9, FF10, FF12)--(I just realized how many wimps have been leads in a row!)

The other characters seem a little iffy..I've always hated having kids as playable characters, and now you have 2, both of which seem to play a big part of the team :S..but there's also the Eddie Murphy-type black guy for comic relief, and the tall Boxer, both of whom which most likely will end up as my party members for the rest of the game.
The fact that you think the lead in FFXII was a male goes a long way to explain why you didn't like the game.

When I get a PS3 two years from now, I look forward to picking up FFXIII for $20, along with GTA IV, MGS IV, and the other non-FPS classics. I don't mind being late to the game when it costs 30% as much.

Basch?
Ashe only joins the party later on, but I guess she's the one who keeps the story going.Whatever that story was about.

You start the game with Vaan, so he's seen by many as the lead.

Basch?
Ashe only joins the party later on, but I guess she's the one who keeps the story going.Whatever that story was about.

You start the game with Vaan, so he's seen by many as the lead.

He isn't the lead because he has nothing to do with the story.

In regards to newer FFs...wtf ever happened to the EXPLORABLE world map?! I'm really getting sick of RPGs that basically give you point A and point B and then you just click on one or the other without the trip. It feels too linear and confined, like I'm stuck in a hallway on a rail shooter except I traded guns for swords. I remember the good ole' days when you had to scour the continent for secrets and towns with constant random encounters popping up hindering your progress...or maybe I'm just drunk and rambling.

EDIT: Also like how the combat system has morphed into a bastardization of an MMORPG...very creative Squaresoft...just copy WoW.

K.....so I'm on an Eidolon battle against Odin and I can't beat the son of a bitch. His fucking attacks are destroying the fuck outta me.

Probably spend almost 2 hours trying to beat him before I gave up.

FFXIII just takes a long time to open up and actually get going. Like, you don't even level up for the first 5 hrs or something. Really long prologue before things become "interesting", but I'm liking it anyway.

FFXIII just takes a long time to open up and actually get going. Like, you don't even level up for the first 5 hrs or something. Really long prologue before things become "interesting", but I'm liking it anyway.

I find the leveling system is bizarre it's always the same fucking attacks, I don't know if I'm supposed to do something that i'm completely ignoring. (Crystarium is sort of strange to me all it does is give you strength and upgrades to the attacks you already have you don't gain much in new attacks, In Fact I've just changed to the 2nd disc of the game and I haven't learned new attacks, except lightning's Odin Summon).

But whatever gonna go through the game a 2nd time when I'm finished and do it by the strategy guide and learn tricks lol. I think I've only used it once for help against Odin cause that battle was a fucking bitch lol...