Gamers Thread

I've pretty much lost all patience for the old FF-style "sucked into battle every 5 steps" combat system, so I'm glad they've (I think) abandoned that for the most recent games. I would be interested in trying out 12 and 13 sometime.

Yeah, 12 is pretty much perfect in terms of the random battles; you can run away, or fight them, no jarring transitions, and you see your party running around.

So I've gotten Bayonetta today, and it's really good. Like a much more advanced version of Devil May Cry crossbred with Sonic(ring collecting, weeee). I'm still at the beginning, and there are many cutscenes already, but they don't distract from the gameplay;they're well-integrated and awesome.

So watsup with all the love for FF12? Probably the worst in series (or 2nd worst to FF9, haven't decided)

dude 9 the characters and story were so fucking gay, there's no way. And that old FF with the job was really gay, 4 I think? that one was terrible. 13 is still gay im like 12 hours in or something. 8 and 10 are my favorites, never did play 6

You guys are acting like it's not cool to like 7 anymore since it's notably UNmentioned on this entire page, nubs!

Easily the best in the series

7 - 8 - 10 - 13 - 6

Haven't played 1-5 so I can't comment on them..regardless, I highly doubt any of them will be as bad as 9 or 12